If you are looking for easy healthy dinner ideas you and your family would love then I have got you covered with these easy recipes. With these simple and quick healthy recipe ideas, you'll never have to wonder what to make for dinner again.
The idea of healthy eating
Let me find you some healthy dinner recipes that are fast to make, budget-friendly, and utterly delicious. These 21+ recipes are healthy, some are meatless but they are packed full of flavors and quick to make too. With all that is happening around the world right now, many of us have found comfort through food and we do not seem to bother about what goes into our mouths as long as we love it.
January is a month to press the reset button of mindless eating and to start enjoying quick, simple, and effortless healthy meals the whole family would enjoy. When I started meatless Monday recipes, my family wasn’t that pleased as we love our meat.
However, I was able to change their thoughts on this through the ways I cook the dishes. If the flavors are right then the food will taste delicious regardless of the meat in it or not.
While I am not big on new year's resolutions, I’ve made it a point to eat better this year, it is true about what they say that you are what you eat. I will be incorporating more meatless recipes into my diet and eating whole food.
I would also be joining my friend on a whole 30 diet for the next few weeks. Wish me luck! I wish I could do Veganuary but I don’t want to push it, this girl loves milk, cheese, and meat. As with everything in life, I believe moderation is key!
Why you would love these simple healthy recipes
- They are family-friendly and even your fussiest eater would love these recipes, they are easy to make healthy meals
- Affordable! You would not go out of pocket with these delicious healthy recipes
- These recipes are family favorites.
- Most of these recipes are ready under 30 minutes and are nutrient-packed.
21+ healthy dinner ideas you will love
this is best served with homemade garlic bread.
to make this a complete meal, serve with Hasselback potatoes and homemade gravy.
This can be served with some salad or instant pot coconut rice.
This recipe is great with a simple everyday salad or served with roasted vegetables such as this roasted cauliflower and broccoli.
It is perfect with rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa, or zoodles
To make this a complete meal, stir in some cooked shredded chicken, beef, or more vegetables.
Serve with parsley sauce, asparagus, and boiled baby potatoes
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I enjoyed putting them together. Do have a wonderful year ahead!!! Ajoke x
More roundup recipes
10 vegetarian instant pot recipes
21 easy and quick boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe
If you make any of these recipes or you find the ones you love best, please do let me know. I love reading your comments and feedback. Tag me on Instagram, Facebook and you can even send me an email. Cheers to eating healthy meals without compromising on flavors and taste.
21+ Easy Healthy Dinner Ideas
- 300 g linguine any type of pasta would work.
- 250 g full fat ricotta cheese
- 40 g butter
- 250 g fresh baby spinach substitute with 2 cups thawed and drained frozen spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated off the block, about 30g
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ Tablespoon Herbs de provence
- ½ teaspoon dried jalapeno omit if you prefer
- ⅓ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon zest the lemon first before extracting the juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve some pasta water, Drain the pasta and set aside
- In the meantime, while the pasta is cooking, make the creamy ricotta sauce.
- To a large bowl add milk, ricotta, parmesan cheese, and whisk until combined then set aside.
- Melt butter over medium high heat, add chopped onions and garlic and saute until soft and fragrant say a minute or two. Add fresh spinach leaves, and cook just until wilted, this shouldn't be more than 2 minutes.
- Pour the creamy sauce into the sauteed spinach, stir to combine. Add herbs de Provence, lemon zest, chili flakes, and season with salt and black pepper, stir to combine. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss cooked and drained pasta into the sauce to combine, add pasta water if need be. Add lemon juice, check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Take it off the heat and serve immediately with protein or vegetables of choice.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
Leave a Reply