Instant pot ramen noodles!!! A bowl of this easy pressure cooker vegetarian recipe is what the Doctor ordered for a cosy night in. It is quick, easy, packed full of umami flavour and super delicious.
This ramen noodles recipe uses kitchen staple ingredients, it is vegetarian, vegan and can be made with any protein of choice too. A perfect busy weeknight dinner or meatless Monday meal. Let me show you how to make it with this step by step guide including a video.
We love instant ramen noodles! my daughter can’t go a week without eating this at least once. I don’t blame her, it can be quite addictive and delicious if cooked right. I have always cooked instant ramen noodles on the stove top but ever since I tried the instant pot version, I haven’t looked back. My daughter feels the same way too, it comes out perfect every time. Also, with this pressure cooker ramen noodles, I can add veggies as much as I want, and she wouldn’t complain. Happy mum!!!
Why this instant pot ramen noodles recipe is so good
- This is a dump and go instant pot recipe, it is super easy and very quick too. It is a one-pot dish which means fewer dishes to wash.
- Instant pot ramen noodles like steamed veggies only need zero minutes cook time, yes you read right “0” minutes and a quick release.
- It is healthy, flavourful, super comfort food and delicious. An inexpensive way to upgrade instant ramen noodles.
- This homemade recipe doesn’t require the sodium packed flavour that comes with the instant ramen. You have control of how much salt and other ingredients that goes in this recipe.
- You can easily customise this recipe to suit your taste and dietary need. I have made this vegetarian, but you can add any protein like shredded chicken, pork, duck or any other protein of choice.
A detailed list of ingredients used is in the recipe card at the bottom of the page!
Instant ramen noodles: the brand I used weighs 70g each
Vegetable broth substitute with chicken broth
Light soy sauce
You can use any types of veggies you want for this recipe, you just have to be mindful of the timing to avoid soggy vegetables. You can choose from the following
Mushrooms, Bok choy, spinach (only add this at after you have cooked the noodles) beansprouts, cabbage
Soft boiled eggs
Tofu to make it vegan
How to make instant pot ramen noodles
To your instant pot, add vegetable stock, soy sauce, sriracha, instant ramen noodle, broccoli florets.
Lock and secure the lid the IP and turn the valve to the seal position. Select manual or pressure cook and cook on high pressure for zero minutes.
The IP will beep once the cooking cycle is completed. Carefully do a quick release.
Add the frozen peas to the noodles and stir to combine. Serve immediately into bowls and garnish with sliced jalapeno and chopped green onions
How to store: This is a very quick recipe and ramen are best eaten or served on the day it was cooked. I don’t recommend storing this recipe as the noodles would go soft and mushy if left in the broth.
How to cook soft boiled eggs on the stovetop
Fill a saucepan with water on medium heat and bring to a boil. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and boil for 6 - 8mins.
For hard boiled eggs, see how to make it in an instant pot.
Other instant pot vegetarian recipes on the blog
I love this instant pot frittata, I can’t seem to get enough of it and my readers love it too. This instant pot chicken thighs recipe is so good too, perfect with potatoes, steamed veggies, rice or other sides of choice.
If you made this easy vegetarian instant pot ramen noodles recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Instant Pot Ramen Noodles
- Instant Pot
- 2 packets instant ramen noodles 70g each
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or use as desired
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- 3 Spring onions chopped
- soft boiled egg
- To your instant pot, add vegetable stock, soy sauce, sriracha, instant ramen noodle, broccoli florets.
- Lock and secure the lid of the IP and turn the valve to the seal position. Select manual or pressure cook and cook on high pressure for zero minutes.
- The IP will beep once the cooking cycle is completed. Carefully do a quick release.
- Add the frozen peas to the noodles and stir to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with sliced jalapeno, chopped green onions and soft boiled eggs.
- If using beef or chicken, sauté or pressure cook accordingly. Eg chicken breast fillet will cook for 6 minutes. Carefully do a quick release then add the instant ramen and cook for additional zero minutes.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!