As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This easy one-pan chicken dinner is not only quick and easy, but it is also the best recipe you would try and it’s insanely delicious too. Dairy-free and gluten-free as well. These chicken thighs were marinated in everyday herbs and spices while the potatoes were tossed in some vegetable oil and Italian seasoning before being baked to perfection. It was served with some delicious stovetop broccoli and parmesan.
Why I Love One Pan Chicken Dinner
What is not to love about this quick one-pan chicken and potatoes dinner? You put the marinated chicken and seasoned potatoes in a pan and let the oven do the rest of the job for you. I feel the same way about one-pot meals too. You don’t need to marinate the chicken except you have time and would prefer it.
I love the fact that these methods of cooking afford you an extra 30 minutes to put your feet up. You can make a quick cuppa and catch up on missed gist on social media or read a book. More importantly, fewer dishes to clean up. Happy days hey! Also, this sheet pan meal is great for meal prep.
Related post: if you love the idea of a one-pan dish then you will love this one-pot chicken and rice recipe. It is simply AMAZEBALLS!
My one-pan chicken dinner is loaded with spices, it is flavourful, the chicken thighs are juicy, tender and utterly delicious. Also, the potatoes were cooked to perfection and both the chicken thighs and potatoes cooked at the same time. Five minutes before I took my one-pan chicken dinner out of the oven, I quickly rustled up a quick 5 minutes stovetop broccoli with parmesan (recipe coming soon). It was so delicious!
What Is In My One Pan Chicken Dinner
Charlotte Potato substitute with other baking potatoes of choice
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil substitute with olive oil
Chicken bouillon powder
How To Make Chicken and Potatoes in The Oven
Preheat the oven at 200C/400F, use the middle rack of the oven
Prepare the chicken thighs, cut off all visible fat and set aside.
Cut the potato into halves or smaller chunks, transfer to a bowl add the spices and vegetable oil and mix till combined, then spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Alternatively, do this step in the baking pan.
Add the chicken and marinade in a bowl. Rub the marinade into the chicken until well coated then add the chicken to the pan alongside the potatoes (keep them on a single layer).
Place the baking tray in the oven and roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
Take the baking tray out of the oven and leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
- Use any herbs of choice on the potatoes
- I used charlotte potato for this recipe, but you can use any baking potato (including red potatoes) you have at hand. Make sure it is cut into equal sizes and smaller chunks so they bake evenly.
- Bake the chicken and potatoes in a ceramic baking dish
- Instead of stovetop broccoli, 15 minutes before you take the chicken and potatoes out of the oven, add the broccoli floret (tossed with tiny salt and melted butter) and continue to roast in the oven. Roasted broccoli is insanely delicious.
- Use other vegetables of choice like green beans, carrots etc
Other Delicious Dinner Recipes On the Blog
Simple Roast Chicken! A whole chicken perfectly roasted with fresh herbs and butter.
One Pan Chicken Dinner
- Baking tray
For the potato
- 600 g Charlotte Potato
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or use according to preference
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt and pepper or use according to preference
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs on the bone
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder substitute with salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 200C/400F, use the middle rack of the oven
- Trim off excess fat from the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Cut the potato into halves or smaller chunks, transfer to a bowl add the spices and vegetable oil and mix till combined, then spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking tray. Alternatively, do this step in the baking pan.
- Add the marinade ingredients to the chicken thighs. Rub into the chicken until well coated then add the chicken to the pan alongside the potatoes in a single layer.
- Carefully pour in 2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the baking tray.Cover the tray with a foil and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and remove the foil. Return it into the oven and continue to bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with vegetable of choice
• Use any herbs of choice on the potatoes • I used charlotte potato for this recipe, but you can use any baking potato you have at hand. • Make sure it is cut into equal sizes and smaller chunks, so they bake evenly. • Bake the chicken and potatoes in a ceramic baking dish • Instead of stovetop broccoli, 15 minutes before you take the chicken and potatoes out of the oven, add the broccoli floret (tossed with tiny salt and melted butter) and continue to roast in the oven. • Swap Broccoli for tomatoes
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.