As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This roasted broccoli and Cauliflower recipe with parmesan is about to be the best way you eat these two vegetables. Broccoli and cauliflower tossed together in the best vegetable marinade and roasted to perfection until crispy on the edges and tender to bite on the inside.
it is so simple to make yet delicious and healthy. A perfect healthy side dish to many other main dishes. Let me show you how to roast broccoli and cauliflower you will love and make over and over again.
Roasted broccoli and Cauliflower recipe
You would often see me steaming or stir-frying my vegetables as I seldom roast them. To be honest with you roasting vegetables in the oven is not the quickest way to make them especially when you have other meals to prep. This stove-top broccoli and Instant pot broccoli recipe are my go-to way for cooking broccoli as it is very easy.
Some days, I make an exception and roast my vegetables regardless of how busy my kitchen is. I love roasted Cruciferous vegetables especially broccoli and cauliflower with salmon and when I am serving Sunday roast, I can always put them in the oven at the same time with the chicken, lamb, turkey or pork.
I love incorporating these vegetables into our meals because it is healthy, highly nutritious, low carb and delicious.
Why you need to roast your vegetables if time permits
In case you are wondering why you have to roast your vegetables despite me saying it takes time more than the other methods. Well, you get more flavour from roasted or grilled vegetables thanks to the simple delicious marinade, than you would with steamed ones. They are also one of the best vegetables to roast.
In fact, roasted vegetables are hands-free recipe, the prep would only take you about 5 to 10 minutes then the oven does the rest for you. This recipe does not require that you flip the vegetables halfway through the cooking process. Therefore, if you won’t be doing it for the time, please do it for the flavour, crunchiness, caramelisation and crispness.
This roasted cauliflower and broccoli recipe is about to change your life. It is so good and don’t get me started on the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. It is a must in this recipe. You can also roast other vegetables using this recipe.
What is in my roasted vegetables
Garlic granules: substitute with fresh minced garlic
Grated parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make the best roasted cauliflower and broccoli recipe ever
First you have to preheat the oven to 425F/220C, this step is important.
Cut with a knife or break with your hands the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Get them to be equal sizes as much as you can.
Transfer them to a colander and rinse clean. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel or leave them to air dry if you are not in a hurry.
Make the marinade: to a small jar or bowl, add olive oil, onion powder, garlic granules, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper and shake or mix to combine.
Prepare the baking tray: line a baking tray with a parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
Transfer the vegetables to the prepared tray, then pour the marinade over it and toss to combine. Spread the vegetables in a single layer, this allows them cook evenly.
Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp tender and brown on the edges.
Take it out of the oven and serve immediately with mains of choice. Squeeze more lemon juice on the vegetable or season with more salt if desired.
how to serve roasted vegetables
How long to roast broccoli and cauliflower at 450F/235C
Most vegetables in the Brassicas family would roast at 450F between 10 to 15 minutes
At 400F/200C, roast between 20 to 25 minutes.
How to store
Roasted broccoli and cauliflower can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Freezer: to store in the freezer, make sure it is completely cool, transfer to a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the oven from frozen.
Note: roasted frozen veggies may not be as crispy at it was when fresh.
- For more crispness, toss the broccoli and cauliflower in some breadcrumbs after you have added the marinade
- Make sure you preheat the oven before roasting the vegetables
Other easy vegetarian recipes on the blog you might love
If you made this easy roasted cauliflower and broccoli recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 medium head Broccoli
- 1 medium head Cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules: substitute with ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 424F/220C, this step is important.
- Cut with a knife or break with your hands the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Get them to be equal sizes as much as you can.
- Transfer them to a colander and rinse clean. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel or leave them to air dry if you are not in a hurry.
- Make the marinade: to a small jar or bowl, add olive oil, onion powder, garlic granules, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper and shake or mix to combine.
- Prepare the baking tray: line a baking tray with a parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Transfer the vegetables to the prepared tray, then pour the marinade over it and toss to combine. Spread the vegetables in a single layer, this allows them to cook evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp-tender and brown on the edges.
- Take it out of the oven and serve immediately with mains of choice. Squeeze more lemon juice on the vegetable or season with more salt if desired.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!