As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This refreshing creamy instant iced coffee drink will give your Starbucks coffee a run for its money, this recipe is extremely easy, quick and super affordable.
Let me show you how to make the best iced coffee recipe fast at home without a blender. This drink is perfect for any time of the day, definitely great in the summer weather.
Easy Iced coffee recipe
Do you know your instant coffee is much more than just what you drink to make you stay alert when you are tired and all? Then you are yet to meet Dalgona coffee (thanks Tik Tok), today’s iced coffee drink, plus my perfect flavourful coffee cake.
The first time I knew about iced coffee was at my aunt’s home back in Nigeria. It was sunnier and hotter than usual, she made us creamy cold coffee that afternoon with Nescafe instant coffee granules, it was smooth, sweet, refreshing and delicious.
I have never looked back ever since. I had a good excuse making this every time because living in a tropical country means iced drinks.
Homemade cold coffee recipe
I have since experimented with many versions, even before I knew what iced mocha was, I was making this beverage with hot chocolate and coffee. I am known for my mocha by the way, I make some mean ones.
Moreso, with all that is happening in the world this recent time also meant that I have been able to experiment with various DIY coffee drinks including frozen coffee. I will be sharing the recipes in due course.
When I am feeling generous with my time and not minding washing the extra dishes, I make myself and the family some Frappe. This is a glorified blended Dalgona or cold coffee by the way. Just kidding now. It is equally tasty and I love it.
You would be happy to know this recipe works with decaffeinated coffee too in case you are not keen on caffeine. I love the fact that you can still keep this iced coffee healthy using low fat milk or dairy free alternatives.
If you are not counting calories like me then this cold beverage is perfect with some flavoured coffee creamer or condensed milk.
Instant coffee of choice, I used caffeinated Nescafe, you can use any brand of instant coffee you have. You can also use flavoured coffee too. I try not to go crazy with these premade flavoured coffee as some of them taste very weird. That is why I mostly stick with the good ol’ plain coffee granule and add flavoured syrup if need be.
Sugar: I used granulated sugar, you can use brown sugar, coconut sugar, sweetener, stevia or any type of sweetener you want.
Chilled water, I use water that has been in the fridge. I simply place some water in the fridge some few minutes before I make the beverage so it is colder than what I get from the tap.
Warm water: yes, you read right, you only need a little bit. I found that the best way to make smooth iced coffee is by dissolving the coffee and sugar first with warm water before diluting with more water and milk.
Milk: Any type of milk works for this recipe. My go-to includes half and half, full fat dairy milk when I don’t mind the extra calories and I want to treat myself. Condensed milk works too. My non-dairy option is soy milk or almond milk.
Ice: lots of it. You have to be careful how much you add especially if you are having this on the go. You don’t want the ice to water down the drink. If you would be using a lot as recommended, double the amount of coffee you would normally use. You can also drink this non-alcoholic beverage without ice
Coffee stirrer or latte spoon, in my case I used a chopstick and it worked like magic.
Glass to serve the drink.
In case you are wondering how much instant coffee per cup, I usually do 2 teaspoons which I think is perfect. My husband likes his to be strong and he uses about 3 teaspoons. He only drink coffee like at the start of day and his theory is, “if you are going to drink coffee then make it count”.
How to make perfect Iced coffee at home that is smooth and delicious
Add coffee granules and sugar to a tall glass, then add about 2 tablespoons of warm water and stir until dissolved.
Dilute the coffee with chilled water and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
Add milk of choice stir to combine and finish it off with some ice. Give it another good stir and serve with a straw or drink it straight from the cup. Enjoy!
- You can add any flavoured extract of choice to this drink. The easiet one that comes to mind is vanilla extract and salted caramel extract but you can use any that you have
- Use more milk to coffee and add vanilla extract to make iced vanilla latte.
- If you using condensed milk, you do not need to add extra milk
- You can make this beverage to suit your dietary needs, vegan, vegetarian, keto-friendly by making some smart swaps with the ingredients used.
This milky cold brew is perfect with a slice of these delicious homemade cake.
Vanilla sponge cake, this is the best sponge cake in whole wide world.
Orange cake made with real oranges
This is a bonus recipe I would say, this cucumber juice is perfect for the summer weather, do check it out.
If you made this easy homemade cold coffee recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Easy Iced Coffee Recipe
- 200 ml A glass of coffee about a cup made with warm and chilled water. please see the body of the post for tips
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee or adjust to how strong or weak you want the coffee to taste
- 1/3 milk any thype of milk would work
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Add coffee granules and sugar to a tall glass, then add about 2 tablespoons of warm water and stir until dissolved.
- Dilute the coffee with chilled water (about a cup or 1/2 a cup) and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Add milk of choice stir to combine and finish it off with some ice. Give it another good stir and serve with a straw or drink it straight from the cup. Enjoy!
- You can add any flavoured extract or coffee creamer of choice to this drink. The easiest one that comes to mind is vanilla extract and salted caramel extract but you can use any that you have
- If you using condensed milk, you do not need to add extra milk
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!