10 vegetarian Instant pot recipes you would love. These recipes are quick, thanks to the pressure cooker, they are delicious, nutritious, and perfect for non-vegetarians as well.
If you are looking for a meatless Monday dinner inspiration, then these instant pot dump recipes are for you from lentil curry to easy rice dishes and more.
These instant pot recipes from myself and blogger friends have been carefully selected for your convenience, they all use basic pantry ingredients. They are kid-friendly, fuss-free, healthy and highly nutritious.
Most of these round-up recipes stores well in the fridge and freezer and they reheat nicely as well.
Instant pot lentil curry
This curry is not only comforting, but it is also super quick, only takes 5 minutes of active cooking time. It is perfect with boiled rice, naan bread, flatbread or this no-yeast bread.
Instant pot Ratatouille
This sauce or soup is packed full of flavour and utterly delicious. Ratatouille can be served with pasta or crusty homemade bread. I love it with this homemade garlic bread made with a baguette.
Instant pot frittata
Easy vegetarian frittata that is equally good as a quiche but without the quilt of the crust. This recipe can be served as any time of the day. Serve with salad or potato wedges.
Instant pot ramen noodles
Who doesn’t love a good ramen noodle, this recipe is so quick and uses 7 ingredients. It so good, serve it with some boiled eggs.
Instant pot rice and beans by Recipe Vibes
One pot instant pot rice and beans recipe! This pressure cooker rice and beans is full of flavour, easy to cook and absolutely delicious. It makes use of few ingredients and cooks in less than 30 minutes.
Instant pot couscous
This pressure cooker couscous is packed with veggies that are good for you. It cooks for zero minutes and makes a perfect weeknight dinner or lunch as well. Serve with some sautéed peppers and onions.
Instant pot vegetable bean soup by Eating Instantly
This Instant Pot Vegetable Bean Soup is a delicious vegetarian, gluten-free soup recipe that comes together in one pot – and it’s much healthier for you than store bought canned soup!
Instant pot chickpeas
Learn how to how to cook perfect chickpeas in your instant pot with this recipe. No soaking is required for this pressure cooker chickpea. You will get a lot from homemade than you would with canned one.
Creamy broccoli soup
This easy broccoli soup comes together in 10 minutes and you only need a few ingredients to make it. Cream of broccoli soup recipe with no cream in it and yet super creamy and delicious.
Instant Pot Mexican Rice
This super easy instant pot Mexican or should I say Spanish rice recipe is about to be your favourite side dish of all time. It is bursting with tomato flavour, delicious and made with a handful of pantry staple ingredients.
One more recipe for the road
I know I said 10 instant pot vegetarian recipes, well I think I should add this last one as a bonus.
what is a good main or side dish without a dessert? exactly, that is why you need this easy instant pot dessert recipe or pudding as we call it here in the UK.
Instant pot rice pudding
More round up recipes
21 quick and easy skinless boneless chicken thighs recipe
Do you like these recipes, which would you be trying first? Let me know in the comment below.
If you made any of my instant pot vegetarian recipes, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Until next time, stay true to yourself, keep cooking and stay safe
Easy Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup red lentils: substitute with green or brown lentil
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk substitute with low-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed substitute with ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil substitute with ghee, butter or any other flavourless oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or use according to preference
- ½ tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Passata
- Turn on the sauté function of your instant pot, add oil and het until hot. Add chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and cumin seed and sauté until onion is soft and translucent. Followed by curry powder, red pepper flakes, garam masala and tomato paste and stir to combine. (work fast here so that the spices don’t stick to the bottom of the pan)
- Add passata (tomato sauce), water, lentil and mix to combine. Make sure you deglaze the pan to avoid getting a burn notice. Finally, add the coconut milk. Spread it on top of the lentil and do not stir.
- Cover the IP securely with a lid and turn the vent to the sealing position. Select manual or pressure cook and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is completed, leave to natural pressure release for another 5 minutes then carefully do a quick release.
- Open the lid and stir the curry to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with some white rice or basmati rice. Alternatively, serve with brown rice for a healthier option.
- I used red lentil for this curry and the outcome is usually creamy because of the size of the legume. If you would rather have some texture in your curry, use green or brown lentil and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Substitute full fat coconut milk for light coconut milk.
- If using light coconut milk, reduce the water to ½ a cup.
- The curry shouldn't be thin after pressure cooking but if it does happen, continue to cook on saute stirring continuously until desired consistency is achieved. The curry thickens as it cools.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
They all look delicious. Thanks for including my rice and beans recipe.