Next time you cook meat or need perfectly seasoned ground beef, you must make this best ground beef seasoning recipe. It's a simple and easy homemade seasoning blend that will not only enhance the flavor of your ground beef dishes but also take it to the next level.
Wondering how to season ground beef perfectly? Today, I will be sharing with you my simple ground beef seasoning using pantry staple ingredients you may likely have on hand.
This seasoning mix is easy and all you need is some basic pantry ingredients like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, mustard powder salt and black pepper.
Whether you are cooking some ground beef for tacos, hamburgers, making some ground beef pasta, or just cooking a batch of seasoned ground beef to keep for use later in the week, you'll want to season it with this amazing blend of spices.
It is flavorful, yet not overpowering or spicy, and adds just the right amount of oomph to perfectly season your ground beef dishes.
Related recipe: I have a full-written recipe on how to cook ground beef with helpful tips. Make sure to check it out.
Why you will love this all purpose ground beef seasoning recipe
- It is easy and quick to make, I will be surprised if you spend more than 5 minutes to put this recipe together. You can even make a large batch and store it in an airtight container for future use
- Simple everyday ingredients are easily available and can be used to customize the flavor profile according to your taste. This seasoning blend act as a base for ground beef as you can always adjust the flavor profile by adding some other ingredients like chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin, etc.
- It is perfect for homemade burgers, nachos, rice, spaghetti, tacos, meatloaf and all your other ground beef dishes.
- This recipe does not contain any, fillers, addictive or preservatives. It is naturally gluten-free!
What you will need
Here is the list of ingredients you will need for the best homemade ground beef seasoning
- Onion granules
- Garlic granules
- Smoked paprika
- Mustard powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make the best ground beef seasoning
In a small bowl, combine onion granules, garlic granules, mustard powder, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
Mix the ingredients together until well combined. Use immediately or transfer into a dry airtight container or spice jar and store for future use. Store for up to 6 months in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight or moist environment.
How to use it
For every pound of meat, I recommend 1 Tablespoon of this seasoning. There are no best ways to season ground beef, as you can never go wrong if you season the meat correctly. It doesn't matter in which order the seasoning is added. The seasoning can be added to meat before browning it or after you brown it.
That being said, if you are using ground meat with a fight fat content, then the best wat to season is after you browned the meat and drained the fat. You can use as much seasoning as you desired and even customize it to taste.
For example, if it is Taco Tuesday night, add chili seasoning and ground cumin to the spice blend. If you are making a pasta dish or Italian meatballs then the addition of Italian seasoning or herbs de Provence to this spice blend will definitely elevate the flavor to a whole new level.
The possibilities with this all purpose ground beef seasoning are endless so don't be afraid to experiment.
It can be used as a dry rub for grilled, pan-fried or roasted meats. Add it to breadcrumbs for a delicious coating for your meat, chicken or seafood. And in case you are wondering if this will work with vegetables, then the answer is 'YES.' It will add a nice flavor to roasted veggies like carrots, potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower.
Watch how to make it
More easy seasoning blend recipes you will love
Ground Beef Seasoning Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons onion granules
- 2 Tablespoons garlic granules
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder optional
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine onion granules, garlic granules, mustard powder, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix the ingredients together until well combined. Use immediately or transfer into a dry and airtight container or spice jar and store for future use. Store for up to 6 months in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight or a moist environment.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
And there you have it, a simple and quick all purpose beef seasoning recipe you can make at home in no time. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox.