You will love my homemade paprika spice blend made with 6 pantry staple ingredients. It is easy and quick to make. Smoky, bold, earthy, and delicious. I love to use it on chicken, vegetables, fish, and even pasta.
Paprika is a versatile spice that adds flavor and color to any dish. It is made from dried (smoked) and ground red peppers ( Capsicum annuum), giving it a slightly sweet and smoky taste.
This spice is versatile and can be used as an instant boost of flavor to any dish. It is a must-spice in any kitchen. It is simply magical and adds color, aroma, and flavor to any dish.
If you are an ardent reader of this website, you would know I love smoked paprika, and I add it to almost everything, even fried eggs.
Why you will love this recipe
- It comes together in 5 minutes.
- Easily customizable: you add as much or less of the ingredients depending on your taste preference.
- Fresh and flavorful
- Versatile: paprika can be used on a variety of dishes, from meats to vegetables to pasta.
- Fresh and bold flavors: Paprika comes in various types, each offering a unique taste profile. Adding other complementary spices to paprika gives it a more vibrant and robust flavor, whether you prefer it sweet, hot, mild, or smoky.
- Better and cheaper than storebought and you can control what goes into it, with no filler, preservatives or additives. Just plain fresh ingredients that you can pronounce
What you will need
Cayenne pepper: substitute with red pepper flakes
onion powder & garlic powder: these are optional
How to make paprika spice blend
In a small mixing bowl or a spice jar, combine all the ingredients and mix to combine. Transfer to an airtight spice jar and store in a cool cupboard.
Tip: Before using the spice blend, shake it well to ensure proper mixing. This will help break up any clumps that may have formed due to the onion and garlic powder.
Double or triple the recipe to suit your needs.
Watch how to make it
Ways to use paprika spice blend
- Rub it on meats before grilling or roasting for an extra depth of flavor.
- Sprinkle it on roasted vegetables for a flavorful kick.
- Add it to homemade marinades or salad dressings for a punch of flavor.
- You can use paprika spice blend as a dry rub for chicken, meat, fish, halloumi or tofu before cooking.
- Sprinkle it on top of popcorn for a tasty Mediterranean snack.
How to store
Store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container and away from direct sunlight for up to 6 months - 1 year. You can store it longer than 6 months, provided the individual spices and herbs used are still within date.
How much paprika spice blend to use
You can use as much as you want, depending on your preference. However, I recommend 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning to 2 pounds (1kg) of chicken, pork, and vegetables. If you are using it as a seasoning for rice or pasta, then you can start with 1 teaspoon per cup of rice or ½ pound of pasta and build up from there.
More DIY seasoning you should make next
Paprika Spice Blend
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- ½ Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- In a small mixing bowl or a spice jar, combine all the ingredients and mix to combine. Transfer to an airtight spice jar and store in a cool cupboard.Store for up to 1 year.
- Before using the spice blend, shake it well to ensure proper mixing. This will help break up any clumps that may have formed due to the onion and garlic powder.
- Double or triple the recipe to suit your need.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
And there you have it, a simple and quick bold and smoky paprika spice blend seasoning recipe you can make at home in no time. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox.