Ever wondered if you can cook meatloaf in an air fryer? Well, you can, air fryer meatloaf is simple yet, delicious! A comfort food classic that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. The air fryer creates a nice caramelized glaze crusty top while the inside is tender, moist, and delicious. It is packed full of flavor plus, it cooks in the air fryer in less than 40 minutes.
Air fryer meatloaf recipe
Learn how to cook meatloaf in the air fryer just like the classic dish you know and love! This dish is so easy to make and can be on the table in no time. Plus, it's a great alternative if you are cooking small portions. There is no more need to heat up the oven or your kitchen to make meatloaf anymore
I already have an instant pot meatloaf recipe on the blog but ever since I made it in the air fryer, I haven't looked back. The air fryer just gives meatloaf a different texture and flavor which I really love. If you don't have an air fryer, you can definitely make this in the oven.
Why you will love this air fryer meatloaf recipe
It is easy, simple, and quick to make, it is a 3-steps recipe, mix, shape, and air fry, yes, it is that easy. More importantly, the meat cooks in the air fryer half the time it would take in the oven or slow cooker (crockpot).
Budget-friendly I made this recipe using a combination of pork and beef meat and it is cheaper compared to buying ground beef. This recipe is also a great way to use up the ground beef that you may have in the freezer
This is a delicious and easy air fryer meatloaf recipe that the whole family will love, it is perfect for any day of a weeknight meal, classic comfort food at its best!
Versatile You can easily customize this recipe to your liking using any seasoning you want
Don't let the exhaustive ingredient list scare you, this recipe is very simple to make.
- Ground beef and ground pork: for a juicy and flavorful meatloaf use 80/20 lean ground beef and pork.
- Breadcrumbs substitute with Panko or Italian breadcrumbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh garlic substitute with garlic powder
- Beef stock cube
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh parsley
- Yellow mustard
- Eggs: binds the ingredients together and helps keep the meatloaf moist
- Meatloaf glaze: ketchup and light brown sugar substitute with dark brown sugar or honey
- Salt and black pepper
How to cook meatloaf in air fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350F/175C or 176F if using an instant vortex air fryer.
To a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and ketchup, mix to combine and set aside.
In a large bowl, gently mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
Divide the meat mixture into two and shape each portion into a loaf shape. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil (optional) and carefully place shaped meatloaf in the air fryer.
Cook in the air fryer for an initial 20 minutes, spoon the ketchup mixture on the meatloaf and continue to air fry for another 6-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F/74C. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes on a plate before slicing and serving.
- You can use any ground meat in this recipe, I like to mix pork and beef together but you can use all beef, all pork, or turkey.
- For easy cleanup, line the bottom of the air fryer basket with aluminum foil.
- Please, whatever you do, do not overmix the meat mixture, overmixing will result in a tough meatloaf.
- The cooking time may vary depending on the size and wattage of your air fryer.
- Make mini meatloaf muffins if you have a smaller air fryer or you are cooking a small portion.
- It is important that you let the meatloaf rest before slicing so that the juices redistribute.
- Add grated parmesan cheese to the meatloaf mix if you want, about 2 Tablespoons should be fine for this recipe
How to store meatloaf
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or in an aluminum foil in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Watch how to make it
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- 750 g ground beef and ground pork
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup onion grated
- ½ Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Beef stock cube I used knorr cubes (8g) but you can also use OXO cube
- ½ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 large Eggs
- Salt and black pepper
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat your air fryer to 350F/175C or 176F if using an instant vortex air fryer.
- To a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and ketchup, mix to combine, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into two and shape each portion into a loaf shape. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil (optional) and carefully place shaped meatloaf in the air fryer.
- Cook in the air fryer for an initial 20 minutes, spoon the ketchup mixture on the meatloaf and continue to air fry for another 6-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F/74C. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes on a plate before slicing and serving.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
How long to cook meatloaf in air fryer?
This will depend on the size of your meatloaf, I would recommend cooking for an initial 20 minutes at 350F then spooning over the glaze and continuing to cook for another 6-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F/74C.
Can I make meatloaf without breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can make meatloaf without breadcrumbs that said, the breadcrumbs help to bind the ingredients together and keep the meatloaf moist. You can substitute the breadcrumbs for Panko or Italian breadcrumbs or omit it completely.
Can I make meatloaf with ground turkey or chicken?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe using ground turkey or chicken or a mix of both.
More air fryer recipes you will love
If you made this easy air fryer meatloaf recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox