Elevate your dishes with this simple DIY garlic and herb seasoning blend. Garlic herb seasoning is versatile, easily customizable and comes together quickly.
Whether you're looking to add a little extra zing to your roasted vegetables, chicken, pork or beef meats, or even popcorn, this seasoning is a great way to do it. So good and flavorful!!!
Homemade Garlic and Herb Seasoning
This is no Mrs. Dash's garlic and herb seasoning or any other branded one. This right here is homemade, free of salt like Mrs. Dash’s but uses minimal herbs that are easily accessible to you and yet flavorful.
One of the great things about making your own garlic herb seasoning is that you can customize it to your own taste and make it salt free. You can adjust the amounts of each ingredient to suit your level of tolerance or highlight certain herbs or flavors.
More importantly, making your own seasoning is more cost-effective since you may already have all the herbs and spices needed at hand.
That said, this homemade salt free garlic and herb seasoning blend is a simple and delicious way to elevate your cooking at any given time. It can be used as a dry rub or as a marinade, with just a few simple ingredients and 5 minutes, you can create a seasoning blend that will add depth and complexity to your dishes.
Furthermore, by making your own seasoning blend, you have control over the ingredients, allowing you to avoid excess salt, preservatives, and other additives commonly found in store-bought seasoning blends.
What is Garlic Herb Seasoning
Garlic herb seasoning is a simple blend of seasoning made with a base of garlic granules or powder and other variety of dried herbs and spices such as thyme, parsley, rosemary, oregano, basil, and the like. Some other variations may add spices like paprika, chili flakes, mustard powder, cumin, onion powder, etc. It is a versatile all-purpose seasoning that is not only used to flavor, chicken, meat, or seafood. It can also be used in many varieties of dishes including, soup, stews, and pasta dishes.
What is in homemade garlic and herb seasoning
My homemade garlic herbs seasoning consist of the following ingredients. Remember, you don't need to have all of these ingredients, make use of any dried herbs you have and love.
- Garlic granules: substitute with garlic powder
- Dried chervil
- Dried sage
- Onion powder
- Dried parsley
- Dried dill
- Ground black pepper
- Dried thyme
How to make Garlic herb seasoning
To a dry jar or bowl, add garlic granules, onion powder, dried sage, thyme, chervil, parsley, dill and black pepper and mix with a spoon or a small whisk until fully combined.
You can taste the seasoning and adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your personal taste preferences.
Store in an airtight container and away from direct sunlight
How to Use
This is a garlic base all-purpose seasoning that is perfect and great with everything and anything.
- It can be used to add flavors to soups, casseroles, stews and sauces. Use it to season chicken, meat or seafood before you cook it.
- Use it to season your rice dishes, use it in your, instant pot garlic rice, garlic butter rice or seasoned rice
- It is perfect on potatoes (roasted, mashed, baked or boiled)
- Add it to your dips for extra flavor
- Use it to season your pasta dishes
- Sprinkle generously over vegetables before roasting them
- Use this herbs and garlic seasoning as a marinade, add some cooking oil, lemon juice or vinegar to the seasoning blend, and mix to combine. Pour the marinade over chicken, pork, steak, etc, mix to combine, and leave to marinade for a few hours or even up to 12 hours and see how flavourful it would be after cooking.
- Use it as a dry rub for all kinds of meat, you can add sugar if you want, and don't forget to season it with salt to taste.
How to store
Homemade garlic and herb seasoning can be stored in an airtight container for up to six months or longer depending on the expiration of the ingredients used. It is important that the spice is stored in an airtight container and kept in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to maintain its flavor.
To ensure your seasoning blend is always fresh, label them with both the name of the seasoning and the date you mixed it. This will make it easier to track their shelf-life!
More DIY spice blends you should try
Homemade Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoon garlic granules substitute with garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon dried chervil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or as needed
- ½ Tablespoon dried thyme
- To a dry jar or bowl, add garlic granules, onion powder, dried sage, thyme, chervil, parsley, dill and black pepper and mix with a spoon or a small whisk until fully combined.
- You can taste the seasoning and adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your personal taste preferences.Store in an airtight container and away from direct sunlight
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
And there you have it, a simple and quick homemade seasoning blend recipe you can make at home in no time. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox.