This all purpose seasoning is so quick and easy to whip up, no more bland meals as this best homemade all-purpose seasoning blend will add the perfect flavor to anything you add it to.
Homemade all-purpose seasoning recipe
If you are on the hunt for the best all-purpose seasoning that will add natural flavor to every dish you cook, look no further. This takes your food from bland or just okay food to great-tasting food!
This is a great recipe to add to your collection and it can be used in all types of meat, seafood, vegetables, or salad. I love that it is versatile and I can use it as a starting point when flavoring my meat or vegetables. It is a simple natural spice and herb blend of 7 pantry staple ingredients.
While this is my go-to spice blend for everything, I like to switch things up from time to time. If I am cooking fish, I could just add some celery salt or mustard to the spice blend, for pork, I add sage and brown sugar. For the days I want a little bit of sweetness on my chicken, I add brown sugar or honey to my all-purpose seasoning.
That said my DIY homemade seasoning mix is perfect as it is, you could even bottle this as a gift, it is that good.
What makes this spice blend the best
- This recipe for all-purpose seasoning mix is perfect for chicken breasts, chicken thighs, wings, pork chops, shrimp, lamb, pork steak, or any cut of beef.
- It is perfect with roasting, boiling, or grilling meat or vegetable recipes. You can absolutely season your roast potatoes or French fries with it as well.
- It literally takes 5 minutes to make, it is quick and easy and you can easily adapt it to your taste.
- You can make a big batch and keep it for a reasonable long period of time, more importantly, it is cost-effective when you make your own spice blend at home.
- It is salt-free, that said, because it is homemade, you can add salt to taste and you don't have to worry about MSG, fillers, or preservatives.
- No added sugar, however, you can add either brown sugar or granulated sugar to the seasoning mix if you want.
Black pepper: substitute with white pepper
How to make all purpose seasoning
Add all the ingredients into a bowl, whisk to combine then transfer to a dry spice jar. Screw the lid on tightly and place it in a cool cupboard and away from direct sunlight.
How to use your homemade seasoning
You can use it as a marinade, sprinkle on salads, potatoes, or flavor dips. I recommend about 1 tablespoon of this homemade seasoning to 1 kg (2 pounds) of meat. That said, it is just a suggestion, you can add as much or as little, as needed to your food.
How long does it keep (How to store it)
This all-purpose seasoning mix recipe will keep for at least 6 months, as long as the individual spices and herbs used are still within date. Check the expiration of each ingredient used and use the nearest expiration to determine when your homemade spice blend will last for.
However, for optimum freshness and robust flavor, use it within 6 months. t is important to store it in an airtight container in a cool dry place and away from the light.
Watch how to make it
- Avoid pouring the spice blend over hot or steaming food, this can expose the seasoning to moisture and cause it to clump.
- As I mentioned earlier in the post you can customize this all-purpose seasoning by adding one or two other spices of choice. For example, if I am cooking lamb, I would add rosemary to this seasoning or sage and fennel if I am cooking pork. If I fancy something Mediterraneanian then I add nutmeg and cinnamon
- Add cayenne pepper or chili flakes for a little bit of heat.
- You can grind all the spice and herbs in a dry mill blender for a finer texture if you prefer
More homemade seasoning blend you will love
What is all purpose seasoning
All-purpose seasoning is a versatile spice blend made up of different spices and herbs. It mostly contains paprika, garlic granules, onions granules, and other herbs of choice.
What is all purpose seasoning used for
You can use all purpose seasoning in many dishes. You can add it to meats, poultry, vegetables, and seafood. This recipe is salt-free so you can add the desired amount of salt to your dish if needed.
If you made this easy DIY spice mix recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
All Purpose Seasoning Blend
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic granules
- 1 Tablespoon onion granules
- 1 Tablespoon Dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl, mix to combine then transfer to a dry spice jar. Screw the lid on tightly and place it in a cool cupboard and away from direct sunlight.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.