Are you looking for a quick and easy pork chop recipe for dinner then these baked ranch pork chops are just for you! Packed full of flavor, tender and juicy.
This simple recipe takes just a few minutes of prep and a handful of ingredients and is sure to become a weeknight staple in your home. Let me show you how to make it with my easy step-by-step instruction.
Baked ranch pork chops
When you're stuck for ideas of what to make for dinner, this simple yet delicious baked pork chops recipe should be your go-to. This recipe is healthy, (high in protein), budget-friendly, and will surely keep you full and satisfied.
The star of today's dish is ranch seasoning and quality pork chops. Ranch seasoning already contains seasoning that will instantly give any protein you add a boost of flavor, however, the addition of smoked paprika and oregano really really takes it up a notch!
Just like my oven-baked pork chop and baked pork steak recipes, making baked ranch pork chops is so simple and easy. It requires simple steps but in order to cook the meat to perfection you'll need to pay attention to the cooking time and temperature. Nothing hurts like eating a lump of dry meat, pork especially!
You will happy to know you can cook this meat in the air fryer. simply follow the cooking instructions below but instead of baking in the oven, cook in the air fryer at 200C/400F for 8-10 minutes flipping it halfway through.
Related recipes using ranch seasoning: Baked Mississippi chicken and ranch roasted potatoes
What you will need
To make today's super easy, tender, and juicy recipe, you will need the following handful of ingredients
Pork chops: I used bone-in pork chops, however, you can use boneless or even pork steak for this recipe.
Ranch seasoning: this can be homemade or storebought
Smoked paprika: substitute with sweet paprika
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Homemade ranch seasoning recipe
Here is a quick overview of what will typically go into my homemade ranch seasoning
- Dry buttermilk powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic granules
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Typically, I would not measure when I make this seasoning, however, I use more buttermilk, onion powder, and garlic powder and then adjust the rest of the ingredients to taste. I will share a full written recipe for this shortly. Be sure to look out for it.
How to make oven baked ranch pork chops
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and spray an oven safe baking dish with cooking oil then set aside
In a small bowl combine ranch seasoning, oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine
Pat the pork chops dry with a kitchen paper towel and transfer them to a large bowl.
Drizzle the olive oil on the pork chops and mix to combine.
Sprinkle the ranch seasoning bits by bits over the pork making sure all sides are well coated
Place the pork chops in the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven uncovered for 15-18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145F-160F
Remove from the oven, and transfer the baked pork to a plate, leave to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into them. This will help the juice redistribute back into the pork meat.
Serve and enjoy!
How to store
Baked ranch pork chops can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Watch how to make it
- Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the seasoning mix for a bit of a kick
- It is important to adjust the cooking time and temperature depending on the thickness of the pork chops and your desired level of doneness.
- If you use store-bought ranch seasoning, it is best not to go beyond the quantity this recipe recommends because many pre-packaged brands contain a large amount of salt.
- If using boneless pork chops or steak, ensure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. They will typically take a lesser time to cook depending on the thickness.
What to serve with baked ranch pork chops
Just like any other baked protein, pork chops are versatile and can be served in various ways depending on the side dishes you pair them with. Here are some of our favorite sides to eat with pork chops for dinner.
Roasted vegetables like carrots, potatoes, or roasted root vegetables
Fresh green everyday salad
Creamy potato salad, boiled herby potatoes, or buttered potatoes.
Instant pot steamed asparagus, carrots, or broccoli
Seasoned rice, cumin rice, or garlic butter rice.
Creamy cucumber salad or cilantro lime cucumber salad
Sauteed cabbage or sauteed spinach
Baked Ranch Pork Chops (Simple and Delicious)
- 4 Pork chops I used bone-in pork chops, a little less than 1- inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ½ Tablespoon smoked paprika substitute with sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and spray an oven safe baking dish with cooking oil then set aside
- In a small bowl combine ranch seasoning, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, Salt and pepper to taste, ½ Tablespoon smoked paprika
- Pat the pork chops dry with a kitchen paper towel and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the pork chops and mix to combine.¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, 4 Pork chops
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning bits by bits over the pork making sure all sides are well coated
- Place the pork chops in the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven uncovered for 15-18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145F-160F
- Remove from the oven, and transfer the pork chops to a plate, leave it to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into them. This will help the juice redistribute back into the pork meat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
Boursin mashed potatoes or Boursin cauliflower mash
So there you have it, another easy and delicious pork dinner recipe that the whole family will love. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Leave a Reply