As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Homemade crispy potato wedges! Perfectly baked in the oven until crispy on the outside and fluffy when bitten into. It is well seasoned and delicious; learn how to bake the best potato wedges recipe the whole family will love.
It requires few ingredients to make and with minimal prep, this is about to be your best-baked potato wedges recipe ever.
I am guilty of buying store-bought frozen fries, but I have never bought frozen potato wedges before. Honestly, once you have made this at home yourself, you won’t go back to store-bought.
As much as it may sound convenient to use store-bought, It would take you the same time to make yours from scratch at home?
You totally have control of what goes into your food and I am all for homemade recipes that are inexpensive and delicious. Trust me, these crispy potato wedges tick all those boxes and it is delicious.
You don’t need to boil or soak this wedges before baking them too, what’s not to love?
Why We Love This Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe
It requires minimal prep: the only job here is slicing or cutting the potatoes and guess what? You don’t need to peel them. Yes! You don’t need to peel potatoes for potato wedges and that makes this recipe quick and easy to make.
You need everyday spices and olive oil: Also, this bit is easy too as you can customise the spices to taste and use any oil of choice.
What is hard in throwing spices together on cut-up potato wedges? Exactly!!! Let’s crack on
Another bonus point: oven-baked potato wedges are healthier than regular fries (French fries).Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for potato wedges
Potatoes: I used Maris Piper, this is commonly used in the UK but you can use, red potatoes or Russet potato equivalent depending on your location. Any floury and waxy potato would work
Paprika: I used sweet paprika but feel free to use smoked paprika if that is what you have
Salt: to taste, you only need less than a teaspoon as you can add salt to the wedges once they are baked.
Olive oil: substitute with any other oil of choice, avocado oil is a good one to use here too
Garlic powder: substitute with freshly minced garlic
Ground Black pepper
Cayenne pepper: optional if using ground black pepper and you can use the combination of both for spicy wedges
Grated parmesan cheese: I didn’t use it for this recipe but it is a great addition to making potato wedges
How to cut it
Start by cutting the potato lengthways, then cut the halves into two (so you have 4 pieces of potato).
Cut each quarter lengthways right down in the middle to make wedges. You should have about 8 wedges from one potato depending on the size. Simple right?
How To Make Seasoned Crispy Potato Wedges
Here is a quick step by step overview of how to make the best baked potato wedges ever.
Preheat the oven to 200C/390F. The wedges need to cook on high heat for the perfect crunch.
Scrub that back of the potatoes to get rid of dirt, dry with a kitchen towel and cut potatoes into wedges (see photos for reference) Try and keep them to equal sizes as much as possible for even cooking. I like mine chunky, so I go for big potatoes
Season the potato wedges with the spices and salt. Add the olive oil and mix to combine until the wedges are well coated with the seasoning.
Transfer the seasoned potatoes to a lined baking tray on a single layer
Bake the potato wedges in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Flip the wedges over once during this time so both sides cook evenly. Bake the potato wedges until crispy (not burnt) and done on the inside.
Serve immediately with other side of choice
Perfect Side For Potato Wedges
Potato wedges is one versatile side that goes with many main dishes.
Also, I happily dunk these wedges in hummus. So delicious!
If you made this crispy potato wedges recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Oven Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
- Baking tray
- 4 large Maris Piper
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Ground Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley to serve optional
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Prepare the baking tray by lining it with parchment paper
- Clean the potatoes and cut lengthways, then cut the halves into two (so you have 4 pieces of potato). Cut each quarter lengthways right down in the middle to make wedges. You should have about 8 wedges from one potato depending on the size. Try and keep them as equal sizes as much as possible for even cooking time. Put the wedges in a bowl
- Mix the potato wedges seasoning together and sprinkle over the wedges, add the olive oil and toss to combine ensuring each wedges is coated with the rub.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes to a lined baking tray on a single layer
- Bake the potato wedges in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Flip the wedges over once during this time so both sides cook evenly. Bake the potato wedges until crispy (not burnt) and done on the inside. Sprinkle with chopped parsley
- Serve immediately with other side of choice
- Use russet potatoes or any other baking potatoes
- season with any spices of choice
- don’t be heavy handed on the salt. you can adjust to taste after baking.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!