Do you love French fries but can’t be hassled with making it from scratch? let me show you how to make air fryer frozen French fries in easy steps. The chips always come out crispy and perfect and the taste is not compromised too. It is healthy as it does not require the excess oil you would use when deep-fried.
Frozen French fries air fryer recipe
I am happy to tell you today that you can cook any size of fries or potatoes fresh or frozen in your air fryer. I love steak fries and I mostly get the seasoned chips from Aldi but my children love their French fries.
When I can’t win the argument, I settle and let them win. I can’t blame them, it is utterly crispy, delicious and can pass for a good afternoon snack.
While it is possible to make chips from scratch at home, it is always not feasible because life does happen and as humans, you go for the easiest option sometimes. In this case a frozen bag of chips.
I agree it is convenient and you would mostly catch me cooking frozen chips when I am entertaining guests. On this note, no judgement! Let’s air fry this frozen goodness in easy steps.
By the way, if you are yet to unbox your air fryer, you should do so immediately because chips is one of the beginner friendly recipes to make in the little but mighty gadget.
Related post: do you love your potato chips or fries but do not own an air fryer? I have got you covered with my homemade oven chips recipe. it is absolutely the best.
What you will need to make it
A bag of your frozen French fries: This method works for other cuts of chips as well.
Salt to taste
Cooking oil spray
How to cook frozen French fries in an air fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 minutes
Spray cooking oil in the air fryer basket (this is optional) then pour the frozen fries. Season with salt and any other additional seasoning if desired. Make sure not to overfill the basket, fill it halfway or ¾ for a great result. Cook the chips in batches if need be.
Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until crispy and well done shaking the basket halfway or every 4 minutes. Serve immediately with any dip and mains of choice.
- Cook the fries directly from frozen for optimum result, do not leave it sitting out on the counter. No fun munching on soggy or mushy fries.
- Do not overfill the basket with the food, halfway is fine. This is to allow enough air circulation that would help the food cook evenly.
- Season the chips with salt and another seasoning of choice just before cooking. Check my Taco seasoning and Peri Peri seasoning recipe for ideas.
- Make sure to shake the air fryer basket from time to time while cooking to allow for proper hot air circulation. This would help the fries cook evenly.
What types of fries can I cook in my air fryer
You can cook any style of fries or chips in your air fryer, from curly fries, crinkle fries, steak fries or French fries. That also includes frozen potato waffles or potato wedges. The only factor is that they would cook at different temperatures and time because of their sizes.
A good starting point for your air fryer fries is to preheat the air fryer and cook at a high temperature. Start checking on it after 8 to 10 minutes, you would know when the chips are done when it is crispy on the outside and super fluffy on the inside.
Why do I need oil to cook air fryer food
A little bit of oil in your air fryer food will go a long way. You may be thinking that the oil has defeated the purpose of cooking in an air fryer. Well, the little oil helps the food cook better and come out crispy with a good finish. I can’t imagine cooking chicken breast in an air fryer without oil. It will come out dry and no fun in eating that.
Most frozen food can be cooked in an air fryer without oil but you may need to spray the air fryer basket with oil as I did with these fries. Frozen fries already contains oil as they have been precooked and coated in oil to help them stay crispy after been cooked.
How long to cook frozen French fries in air fryer
Depending on the thickness of the fries, thinly cut fries would typically cook between 12 or 15 minutes provided the air fryer basket was not over filled.
More easy air fryer recipes
How to cook a whole chicken in air fryer
If you made this super french fries recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer
- 450 g frozen French fries This method works for other cuts of chips as well.
- salt to tasye
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 minutes
- Spray cooking oil in the air fryer basket (this is optional) then pour the frozen fries in the air fryer basket. season with salt and any other additional seasoning if desired. Make sure not to overfill the basket, fill it halfway or ¾ for a great result, cook the chips in batches if need be
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until crispy and well done shaking the basket halfway or every 4 minutes. Serve immediately with any dip and mains of choice.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.