This easy and quick broiled salmon with skin is marinated with simple lemon pepper seasoning, honey, and olive oil. The fish is tender and delicious and it's perfect for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal, more importantly, it comes together in under 30 minutes.
In fact, if you are not cooking salmon in the air fryer then the other fastest way to get it from the kitchen to the table is to cook it under a broiler (grill). Let me show you how to make this quick fish recipe for dinner in easy steps.
Salmon can be prepared in many different ways. You can grill it, bake it, or even fry it. But one of the quickest and easiest ways to cook salmon is to broil it.
Broiling salmon is a great way to get that perfect sear on the outside while keeping the inside nice and moist. I have seasoned my salmon with simple storebought lemon pepper seasoning, honey, and lemon with olive oil to help seal all the flavors from the seasoning into the fish.
This is a very simple recipe and a quick way to get dinner to the table using any seasoning you have in your pantry. The fish is marinated for just 15 minutes and it cooks for under 12 minutes too. This broiled salmon is a recipe you will love, salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that are great for your health.
You will need the following ingredients for your quick broiled salmon recipe. Feel free to use any fish seasoning of choice if you don't have lemon pepper on hand.
Salmon fillets: I used salmon with skin on it as that is how I prefer to cook my salmon. I believe the skin helps keep all the juice that makes the fish tender. It is easy to remove the skin of salmon once it is cooked, but that being said, you can use skinless salmon if you prefer.
Lemon pepper seasoning: I used store-bought but you can use homemade if you prefer.
Olive oil: substitute with any other cooking oil of choice.
Fresh lemon juice
Honey: substitute with maple syrup or omit if you prefer.
PS: I haven't listed salt and pepper on the ingredient list because the lemon pepper seasoning I am using today already contained salt and black pepper. That said, if you will be using store-bought seasoning, make sure you read the ingredients so that you can season the salmon accordingly.
How to broil salmon with skin
Pat the salmon dry with a kitchen paper towel and transfer it to a bowl
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning (add salt and pepper if using) until combined.
Pour the marinade over the salmon and carefully mix until the fish is well coated. Leave the salmon to marinate for at least 15 minutes, there is no need to place the salmon back in the fridge at this point.
Turn on the broiler to a high. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with oil.
Arrange the marinated salmon fillets skin side down on the baking sheet and place it under the broiler about 5-6 inches away from the heat.
Broil the salmon for 6-8 minutes or until browned and the internal temperature of the fish registers 140-145F.
When the salmon is cooked through, please remove it from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes (about 3 minutes) before serving.
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
What can I serve with this recipe
If you are looking for the perfect fish sauce then you should try the following
How do I store leftovers
Leftover salmon can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you would not be using the leftover up within 4 days, you can store it in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
What are some tips for cooking salmon
Here are a few of my favorite tips for cooking salmon:
- Make sure your salmon is at room temperature before cooking. This will help ensure even cooking. Bring the fish out from the fridge about 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your oven or grill before cooking the salmon. This will also help with even cooking.
- Do not overseason the salmon as it is quite a flavourful fish on its own. While salmon is able to handle a good amount of seasoning, it's best to keep it simple so that the flavor of the fish can shine through. That being said, don't forget to season first with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cook the salmon skin-side down if possible. This will help the salmon stay moist and prevent it from drying out.
- Use a digital meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the salmon. Salmon is best cooked to an internal temperature of 145F/60C. Whatever you do, make sure you do not overcook the fish.
Broiled Salmon With Skin
- 4 Salmon fillets
- ½ Tablespoon Lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper if needed
- Pat the salmon dry with a kitchen paper towel and transfer it to a bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning (add salt and pepper if using) until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon and carefully mix until the fish is well coated. Leave the salmon to marinate for at least 15 minutes, there is no need to place the salmon back in the fridge at this point.
- Turn on the broiler to a high. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with oil.
- Arrange the marinated salmon fillets skin side down on the baking sheet and place it under the broiler about 5-6 inches away from the heat.
- Broil the salmon for 6-8 minutes or until browned and the internal temperature of the fish registers 140-145F.
- When the salmon is cooked through, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes (about 3 minutes) before serving. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
How do you know when broiled salmon is done
The easiest way to know if your salmon is cooked is to use a digital meat thermometer. Salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145F/62C. Other ways include checking to see if the salmon is opaque all the way through or flakes easily with a fork.
Can I make this recipe without skin-on salmon?
Yes, you can use skinless salmon for this recipe. The cooking time will be the same.
Is it better to bake or broil salmon
Both methods are great for cooking salmon. Baking is a bit more gentle and slow, while broiling is quicker and gives the salmon a nice sear on the outside.
What temperature to broil salmon
This is dependent on the type of oven and the settings you have. The highest temperature of most broilers is 500-550F/260-288C. That said, if you feel the fish is cooking too quickly or burning then you can move the baking tray to a lower rack.
How long do you broil salmon
The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon. For this recipe, I like to broil my salmon for 6-8 minutes. Cook A little longer if cooking salmon steak. If your salmon is on the thicker side, you may need to cook it for a minute or two longer.
More salmon recipe for you
I hope you enjoy this broiled salmon with skin recipe. Please let me know how it turns out for you if you try it! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox