You will love this super easy cucumber apple salad recipe! It is the perfect summertime side dish or light meal. Cucumbers and apples are tossed with a simple apple cider vinegar dressing. This salad can be made ahead of time and served chilled or at room temperature.
Cucumber apple salad recipe
If you've ever questioned if apple and cucumber make a good combination, this cucumber apple salad will answer your question with a resounding YES! You can never go wrong with this one
Fresh cucumbers and apples are tossed in a delicious and light dressing of lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and honey, then seasoned with salt and pepper. The result is a refreshing and flavorful salad that is perfect for summertime. Scratch that, this salad is ideal for any time of year!
It is so easy to make, that you'll want to keep the ingredients on hand at all times so you can whip it up whenever the mood strikes. Cucumbers and apples are a classic flavor combination, that makes a great and quick salad.
This healthy salad can be served as a starter, side dish, or light meal. It is perfect for picnics, potlucks, and barbecues. It can also be made ahead of time and served chilled or at room temperature.
Apple and cucumber salad benefits
This salad is not only delicious, but it is also healthy! Cucumbers and apples are both low in calories and fat. They are also a good source of fiber and high in antioxidants which helps to protect the body from free radicals. This salad is a great way to get your daily dose of fruit and vegetables.
The dressing for this salad is made with apple cider vinegar and honey, which has many health benefits. Apple cider vinegar has been shown to lower cholesterol, improve digestion, and boost the immune system. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals.
What you will need
Apples: Any type if apple will work for this recipe but I prefer red apples because of their sweetness and crispness.
Cucumbers: English cucumbers are my favorite to use because they have fewer seeds, but regular cucumbers will work just as well.
Lemon juice: This is important for this salad recipe, not only will it keep the chopped apples from turning brown, but it will also add a lovely citrus flavor.
Apple cider vinegar: This will add brightness to the flavor of the salad. substitute apple cider vinegar with balsamic vinegar, red or white wine vinegar, or even rice vinegar.
Honey: This will add a touch of sweetness to the salad. You could also use agave nectar or maple syrup to make this recipe vegan
Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make cucumber apple salad
Start by chopping the apples and cucumber into small bite-size pieces. I like to leave the skin (for both the cucumber and apple) on but you can peel it off if you prefer. Transfer the chopped apples and cucumber to a bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and honey until combined
Pour the dressing over the salad, and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Gently stir everything together until the salad is coated in dressing. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
What to serve with cucumber apple salad
This salad is delicious on its own but if you're looking for something heartier, here are some ideas
- For a creamier salad, add mayonnaise, sour cream, or Greek yogurt to this salad.
- Double or triple this recipe to accommodate your need.
- Use mandoline for thinner slices
- For a more savory salad, add diced red onion or chopped kalamata olives.
- For a more crunchy texture, add your favorite chopped nuts
- Feta cheese will work perfectly well with this salad as well
- Add your favorite chopped fresh herbs to the salad such as parsley, dill, basil or mint.
More simple salad recipe you will love
I hope you enjoy this cucumber apple salad. Please let me know how it turns out for you if you try it! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Cucumber Apple Salad
- 1 medium English cucumber about 2 ½cups
- 2 red apples cored
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by chopping the apples and cucumber into small bite-size pieces. Leave or peel off the skin if you prefer. Transfer the chopped apples and cucumber to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and honey until combined
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Gently stir everything together until the salad is coated in dressing. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 30 minutes for the flavor to meld.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.