Air fryer gnocchi is irresistibly good, fluffy on the inside, and crispy on the outside. It is quick, easy, and utterly delicious. There is no more need to light up the stove as you can now have dinner from the air fryer to your table in 15 minutes. Air fryer gnocchi is so good that it can be served as a meal, side dish, snack, or even appetizer to replace the regular fries. You will love this recipe!
Air fryer gnocchi recipe
I'm a huge gnocchi fan, and I'm not surprised that some of the most popular recipes on my sites are gnocchi dishes. This pan-fried gnocchi with spinach has been saved over 10000 times on Pinterest and has been tried and tested by hundreds of people. I bet you will love it too!
Back to today's recipe, air fryer gnocchi. Gnocchi is usually boiled briefly and then pan-fried with butter/olive oil and herbs and spices of choice until crispy outside. However, for this recipe, there is no need to parboil the dumplings before cooking them yet it comes out pillowy and fluffy like it was boiled and then panfried.
The air fryer cooking method is much easier as you don't need to constantly watch and stir the gnocchi while it is cooking. All you need to do is set the timer and let the air fryer do its job. More importantly, it is mess-free! Serve it with your favorite tomato sauce, proteins, or vegetables and you have a complete meal. You can also serve it on its own as a snack. Enjoy!
What you will need
You will need the following handful of ingredients to make this air fryer recipe
Shelf-stable potato gnocchi substitute with cauliflower gnocchi
Herbs de Provence substitute with Italian seasoning or any other seasoning of choice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make air fryer gnocchi
Preheat the air fryer at 180C/365F for 3-5 minutes
To a large bowl, add the gnocchi, melted butter, olive oil, herbs de Provence, onion granules, garlic granules, salt, and black pepper, and mix to combine, making sure all the gnocchi are well coated.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil and place the gnocchi in the air fryer basket spreading it out in a single layer.
Air fry for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and pillowy, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time for even cooking. Serve immediately with tomato sauce or as desired. Enjoy!
The key to making sure the gnocchi is cooked evenly is to cook it in a single layer. If you overcrowd the pan, the dumplings may steam instead of being air-fried. As a result, they will not be as crispy.
Another thing to remember is to flip the gnocchi or shake the basket halfway through cooking so that both sides are evenly crispy.
More gnocchi recipes you will love
More air fryer recipes
These air fryer recipes are easy, quick, and delicious to make
Delicious and easy meatloaf in the air fryer
If you made this easy air fryer gnocchi recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Air Fryer Gnocchi
- 1 pound shelf-stable potato gnocchi substitute with cauliflower gnocchi about (500g)
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon Herbs de Provence substitute with Italian seasoning or any other seasoning of choice
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer at 180C/365F for 3-5 minutes
- To a large bowl, add the gnocchi, melted butter, olive oil, herbs de Provence, onion granules, garlic granules, salt, and black pepper, and mix to combine, making sure all the gnocchi are well coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil and place the gnocchi in the air fryer basket spreading it out in a single layer.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes until golden brown on the outside and pillowy, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time for even cooking. Serve immediately with tomato sauce or as desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.