Learn how to cook crispy skin salmon in the air fryer in 15 minutes. This air fryer salmon is easy and quick to make, the spice rub is customizable and you only need 7 minutes of active cooking time.
Crispy air fryer salmon recipe with skin
Cooking salmon in the air fryer couldn't be any easier you only need a handful of ingredients and minimal prep. The fish comes out crispy on the outside, around the edges, tender and moist, and perfectly cooked on the inside.
If you love salmon and you are looking for the best way to cook it then using an air fryer is the way. It is just a convenient and easy way to make a perfectly healthy dinner. 15 minutes start to finish, you can't beat that.
I honestly don't know how I held on this long before sharing today's recipes. Well, maybe because it is honestly super easy and foolproof. Anyway, here we are now and I hope you love this recipe as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you. This is about to be your favorite and best way of cooking salmon.
This recipe is
- Fuss-free and hands-free
- Low carb and low calorie
- Quick and easy
- Easy cleanup
What you will need to make this delicious healthy fish dinner recipe
Salmon fillets: am using salmon with the skin on but you can use a skinless one if that is what you have or prefer. I used half of a side of salmon and then cut it into fillets but you can use fillets that have already been cut.
Olive oil: substitute with any other flavorless oil of choice
Smoked paprika: substitute with sweet paprika
Garlic granules: substitute with freshly minced garlic cloves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to cook salmon in the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 minutes
Make the fish seasoning: to a small bowl, add smoked paprika, garlic granules, onions granules, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
Prep and season the fish: Pat the salmon dry with a kitchen paper towel. Drizzle the olive oil on the fillets.
Sprinkle the fish seasoning on each of the fillets and pat it down on the fish.
Carefully place the salmon in the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 7 to 8 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 120F/50C. The fish would continue to cook as it rests
Remove it from the air fryer and serve with other sides of choice
What to serve with salmon
Salmon is versatile and can be served with vegetables or other sides dishes. I served mine with stovetop broccolini and creamy dill sauce, but you can also serve it with any of the following
Cucumber salad and many more
How to store
Fridge: leave the salmon to cool completely and store in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Freezer: one of the beauties of today's recipe is that cooked salmon freezes well. You can freeze the salmon for up to 3 months in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag making sure you take out as much air as possible.
Watch how to make it
- Use similar sized salmon so that it can cook evenly
- Cook the fish with the skin on for a more tender and moist result. It is very easy to peel off salmon skin once it is done
- Use any seasoning of choice, I have the best fish seasoning you can use for your salmon. Check out more homemade spices you might like to use on your fish, fajita seasoning, Herbs de Provence, Peri peri seasoning and shawarma spice rub.
How long do I cook salmon in air fryer
Depending on the size of the salmon sides or fillets, salmon will typically cook in the air fryer @200C/400F between 6 to 8 minutes.
What temperature should salmon be cooked to
The internal temperature of cook salmon when checked with a meat thermometer should register 125F/51C
Do you have to flip salmon in air fryer
Can I use frozen salmon
Yes, you can cook frozen fish in the air fryer and it is easy to do as well. Season the salmon as you would if it was fresh and cook for 10 to 12 minutes depending on the size and thickness or until well done to your liking.
More air fryer recipes
Marinated vegetables in air fryer
If you made this easy air fryer crispy salmon with skin recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Air Fryer Salmon With Skin
- Air Fryer
- 3 Salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil substitute with any other flavourless oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika substitute with sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules substitute with freshly minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste I used less than a teaspoon each
- Lemon wedge to serve
- Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 minutes
- To a small bowl, add smoked paprika, garlic granules, onions granules, salt and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Pat the salmon dry with a kitchen papper towel. Drizzle the olive oil on the fillets.
- Sprinkle the fish seasoning on each of the fillets and pat it down into the fish using your hands.
- Carefully place the salmon in the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 7 to 8 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 120F/50C. The fish would continue to cook as it rests. You will tknow the fish is done if it flakes apart easily with a fork.
- Remove it from the air fryer and serve with other sides of choice
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.