As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Last Updated on
Honey mustard chicken thigh is a quick chicken recipe that uses a handful of ingredients. It is an extremely simple chicken dinner that can be served with steamed broccoli or roasted broccoli and cauliflower to make a complete dish.
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
This is a winner quick chicken dinner recipe the whole family would enjoy. Let me show you how to make it in easy steps
This oven-baked honey mustard chicken recipe can be made with any chicken part from chicken breasts to thighs and even wings. For today’s recipe, I am using chicken thighs, they are the juiciest part of a chicken and they don’t dry out easily as chicken breasts.
The thighs were covered with the honey mustard sauce and then baked to perfection until crispy, tender and yet juicy to the bones. The gravy from this baked chicken is out of this world.
Whisk in a bit of flour or cornflour to the sauce from the chicken and you can serve it with just about anything even chips.
Why you will love this recipe
- It is super affordable
- There is no need to marinate this chicken which in my opinion makes it one of the best for when the time of the essence. It is just like these chicken recipes stovetop chicken thighs, cilantro lime chicken and garlic chicken thighs. No margination needed and they can all be made on the stove top
- You can make this recipe with just 3 ingredients mustard, honey and salt and still have a great result.
- The chicken produces its own juice along with the honey mustard sauce to make the best self-sourcing chicken gravy ever.
- You can make this recipe in one bowl, fewer dishes to clean up.
- Above all, this recipe is low-carb and can make a complete healthy meal when served with steamed or roasted vegetables or salad. This honey mustard chicken would be perfect with cucumber salad or this creamy coleslaw.
Ingredients to make honey mustard chicken
Chicken thighs: you can also use chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs for this recipe
Mustard: I used whole grain mustard, you can also use Dijon mustard for this recipe.
Olive oil: swap for melted butter
Freshly ground black pepper
How to make easy oven baked honey mustard chicken
Preheat the oven to 180C/365F
Season the chicken thighs with garlic granules, salt, black pepper and mix to combine. Set the chicken aside and make the honey mustard sauce
To a medium bowl, add honey, mustard, olive oil and mix until combined. Then pour the marinade over the chicken thighs
Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, pour the remaining sauce on top of the chicken and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is well roasted and the juice runs clear. For crispy shin, bake the chicken uncovered in the oven.
Rest the chicken thighs for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
How to tell if chicken is done without a thermometer
When baking chicken and you are not sure if it is well cooked or not, there are many ways to know that your chicken is well cooked. The safest way is to use an internal thermometer, the internal of a well cooked chicken should read 165F / 85C.
Other ways to be sure a chicken is done without a thermometer is to cut or tear into the chicken, it should be white and opaque and there shouldn’t be any traces of blood in sight.
Another way to be sure is to insert a knife into the thickest part of the chicken thighs while it is still hot and the juice sipping out should run clear.
If using chicken breasts, slice each chicken into two lengthwise, that way the chicken would get the flavour from the marinade and cooks for a shorter time.
How to store chicken
To store this chicken in the fridge or freezer, ensure that it is completely cooled. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Other easy chicken recipes you would love
If you made this easy honey mustard chicken thighs recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 1 ½ pound (700g) Chicken thighs, trim off excess fat about 5 to 7 chicken thighs
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole grain mustard you can also use Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ tablespoon garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons olive oil swap for melted butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C/365F
- Season the chicken thighs with garlic granules, salt, black pepper and mix to combine. Set the chicken aside and make the honey mustard sauce
- To a medium bowl, add honey, mustard, olive oil and mix until combined. Then pour the marinade over the chicken thighs
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, pour the remaining sauce on top of the chicken and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is well roasted and the juice runs clear. For crispy shin, bake the chicken uncovered in the oven.
- Rest the chicken thighs for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!