Ever wondered if you can cook frozen roast potatoes in your air fryer? Today, I will be sharing with you how to cook frozen potatoes perfectly in your air fryer at all times. It is quick, easy, and perfect for when time is of the essence.
Crispy and fluffy on the inside, roasted potatoes make a great side dish to your Sunday chicken roasts, thanksgiving turkey, or perfect leg of lamb roast with gravy.
Why you should Air fry frozen roast potatoes
- healthier when air-fried than baked. The amount of oil (basting fat) added to frozen potatoes is ridiculous. With the air fryer, the basting fat drips into the bottom of the air fryer basket and you are still left with a crispy roast potato that is fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Check my crispy roasted potatoes recipe if you fancy making yours from scratch.
- It is convenient and saves time on peeling, chopping, seasoning, parboiling, and scuffing for rough edges. Frozen potato already contains some sort of seasoning. It has been parboiled or blanched and cooks in 20 minutes in the air fryer.
- No need to wait around for the spud to thaw, it can be cooked directly from frozen. What is not to love?
- Roasted potato is great as a snack, appetizer when served with dips such as fry sauce or marinara sauce.
- You can cook frozen potatoes in any brand of air fryer, however, the cooking time would vary due to the different brands and wattages used.
- Any brand of frozen potato works, I used McCain but you can any shop brand available to you, here in the UK Aunt Bessie’s homestyle roast is another popular brand choice for frozen foods.
Related posts: air fryer frozen steaks and air fryer frozen burger.
Yay! This is a one-ingredient recipe, no additional oil needed and you can season with salt and black pepper if desired. Most time, the potatoes already come seasoned.
Frozen roast potatoes: this would also work for cubed potatoes or fat chips and French fries.
Roast potatoes seasoning ideas
My go-to seasoning combinations are parsley, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
You are not limited to these only as potatoes are a blank canvas and can be seasoned as your heart desires. That said, feel free to use any herbs and spices of choice.
How to cook frozen roast potatoes in the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 mins. I like to do this as I believe it gives the potatoes a good head start as it would if oven-baked.
Transfer the frozen potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size until fork-tender, golden and crispy on the outside. Shake the air fryer basket every 10 minutes to allow even cooking.
Be careful when removing the air fryer basket from the base tin so that the dripped fat does not spill on the floor or on you. It will be hot so be careful! Remove the potatoes with a tong or a fork to avoid kitchen accidents.
Season the potato as desired whilst it is still hot, serve as desired and enjoy!
Do not overfill the basket, depending on the size of your air fryer basket, only fill it half way though and give it a shake every 5 minutes for air circulation and even cooking.
Can this be made ahead?
Yes, you however, make sure that it is consumed within 24 hours. Also, thawed frozen food should never be returned into the freezer. Simply cook the amount you want at a time.
Can I cook frozen diced potatoes in air fryer
The short answer is yes, diced or cubed potatoes are usually smaller in size than roast potatoes. Adjust cooking time accordingly, alternatively shake the air fryer basket at 5 minutes then check for doneness from 12 to minutes.
Can I reheat roast potatoes in the air fryer
Yes, you can and it one of the best ways too. Simply put leftovers or cold spud in the airfryer and cook at 150C/360F for 3 to 5 minutes.
More potato recipes you will love
Buttery boiled potatoes with fresh herbs
More air fryer recipes
How to cook perfect steak in the air fryer
Air fryer veggies that tastes like it was grilled
Cooking chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs in the air fryer is the best treatment you can give your chicken this grilling season.
If you made this super easy air fryer frozen recipe using my guidelines, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Frozen Potatoes in Air Fryer (Roast Potatoes)
- 900 g 2.2 lbFrozen roast potatoes
- salt and pepper to season if desired
- Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 mins. I like to do this as I believe it gives the potatoes a good head start as it would if oven-baked.
- Transfer the frozen potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the sizes of the potatoes until fork tender, golden and crispy on the outside. Shake the air fryer basket every 10 minutes to allow even cooking.Be careful when removing the air fryer basket from the base tin so that the dripped fat does not spill on the floor or on you. It will be hot so be careful! Remove the potatoes with a tong or a fork to avoid kitchen accidents.
- Season the potatoes as desired whilst it is still hot, serve as desired, and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
Leave a Reply