This air fryer frozen chicken breast is made with 6 pantry staple ingredients. It is quick, easy, and delicious. The chicken breast comes out tender and juicy at all times and it is ready in no time too. Let me show you how to make it simple steps.
Frozen chicken breast in the air fryer
Have you been wondering if you can cook frozen chicken breast in the air fryer? The simple is yes and you will not be disappointed once you tried it. Simply amazing!!
Why you will love this recipe
- Tender, juicy, flavourful, and delicious chicken breast promised every time
- It is super convenient especially if you forgot to defrost your chicken and you can also use it in a variety of dishes such as my homemade crustless chicken pot pie.
- Minimal prep is needed and there is no need to preheat the air fryer.
- You can have dinner from the freezer to the table in 30 minutes.
- A great alternative for when you want to cook chicken breast with no breading.
- Healthy chicken dinner in less than 30 minutes.
- You can use the chicken you froze yourself or use store bought.
Frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
Red pepper flakes substitute with cayenne pepper or simply omit for a milder taste.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cooking oil spray substitute with 2 tbsp cooking oil
How to cook frozen chicken breast in air fryer
In a small mixing bowl, combine parsley, garlic granules, onion granules, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper and set aside
Spray the chicken breast all around with some cooking oil spray then sprinkle the seasoning mix all over it.
Spray the air fryer basket with oil (this step is optional) then place the seasoned frozen chicken breast in the air fryer basket.
Cook for 15 minutes at 200C/400F flip and cook for additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature register 165F/63C.
Carefully transfer to a plate cover with an aluminum foil loosely and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Use as desired and enjoy!
- Season the chicken with whatever spices or herbs you fancy, make it your own, remember this recipe is just a guide on how to cook frozen chicken breast in the air fryer. Follow the guide using any seasoning of choice.
- Take the chicken out of the air fryer and rest on a plate, leaving it in the air fryer will dry out the meat and makes it tough.
- If possible, use similar-sized chicken so that the chicken cooks evenly and around the same time.
- Do not stack the chicken pieces and make sure to arrange in a single layer.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket
- Be aware, the wattage of your air fryer will play a factor on how long to cook the chicken. If you are in doubt, use an instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer to check that the chicken is cooked and well done.
how to store
In the fridge: air fryer chicken breast is versatile and great for meal prepping. Store any leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat: You can eat it cold or at room temperature, especially if serving with salad. If you would like it warm, simply microwave it for a few seconds or in the air fryer. Do not overcook it at this point so do keep an eye.
Watch how to make it
More air fryer chicken recipe to try
More air fryer recipes
How to cook baked whole potatoes in air fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
- 3 Frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- In a small mixing bowl, combine parsley, garlic granules, onion granules, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper and set aside
- Spray the chicken breast on all around with some cooking oil spray then sprinkle the seasoning mix all over it.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil (this step is optional) then place the seasoned frozen chicken breast in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 200C/400F flip and cook for additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature register 165F/73C.
- Carefully transfer to a plate cover with an aluminium foil loosely and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Use as desired and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.