Cooking meatballs in the air fryer is such a breeze and you can use precooked or raw meatballs to get dinner or your appetizer to the table quickly.
Today, I will be showing you how to cook frozen turkey meatballs in the air fryer. This method will work for all the types of meatballs you have, let's get to it.
When I am making meatballs, I tend to make more than I need as I can always freeze it and use it later in other dishes. I do this with cooked or raw meatballs, depending on what I am making.
I love how convenient it is to use frozen meatballs in my weeknight meals, especially on a busy night. Even better if it is already precooked as all I need to do is reheat it in the air fryer to bring it back to a perfect state and temperature.
Why cooking frozen meatballs in the air fryer works
- Incredibly quick, easy and it yields perfectly cooked meatballs every time. You can be guaranteed that your meatballs will be cooked evenly too.
- Very convenient, no need to defrost it as you can cook it directly from frozen from the freezer.
- It works well if you are only cooking a few batches of meatballs, no need to heat up the whole oven for a few pieces of turkey meatballs which is one of the reasons why you will love cooking in an air fryer. It is a game-changer!
- It is versatile: this is an obvious reason, you can cook all types of meatballs in the air fryer, frozen or raw. Chicken, pork, beef, venison and many more.
Related recipes: air fryer meatloaf, air fryer frozen foods, and turkey meatballs in tomato sauce
What you will need
Frozen meatballs: this can be any kind of meatballs, frozen or raw. However today I am using precooked air fryer turkey meatballs
Air fryer: obviously, I am cooking these frozen meatballs in my 5.5L Cosori air fryer 1700W but any air fryer would work just fine, ninja foodi, instant vortex, power xl, etc. Although cooking times and temperature may vary.
How to cook frozen meatballs in the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 360F/180C for 3-5 minutes
Place the frozen meatballs in the air fryer basket in a single layer making sure not to overcrowd the basket. Spray the meatballs with oil spray and coat evenly.
Air fry the meatballs for 12-15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Once cooked, transfer the meatballs to a plate or bowl. Toss into marinara sauce or any other sauce or dipping sauce of choice.
Serve and enjoy!
- Since all meatballs are not made equal, some are big while some are on the big side and this will affect the cooking times. It is important to start checking for 8 minutes and make use of your thermometer to ensure that the meatballs are perfectly cooked. Depending on the type of meatballs you are cooking, the internal temperature should register between 160F to 165F.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking, cook in batches if need be.
- If you would be serving the meatballs as is then you need to spray it with oil for a better presentation. Spraying it will oil will give it a better finish, and texture and more importantly, prevent it from drying out.
How long to cook frozen turkey meatballs in air fryer
How long to cook frozen turkey meatballs in air fryer will depend on the size of the meatballs.
Smaller meatballs cooked at 360F/180C will take between 8-10 minutes to completely cook through while bigger meatballs may take up to 15 minutes at the same temperature.
More air fryer recipes you will love
Crispy and easy air fryer bacon
Air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings
How to cook steaks in air fryer
How to cook chicken breast in air fryer
Air fryer frozen chicken breast
Air fryer frozen sirloin steaks
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb Frozen meatballs this can be any kind of meatballs frozen or raw
- Oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 360F/180C for 3-5 minutes
- Place the frozen meatballs in the air fryer basket in a single layer making sure not to overcrowd the basket. Spray the meatballs with oil spray and coat evenly
- Air fry the meatballs for 12-15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Once cooked, transfer the meatballs to a plate or bowl. Toss into marinara sauce or any other sauce or dipping sauce of choice. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
And there you have it, a simple and delicious air fryer frozen recipe you can make at home in 15 minute. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Leave a Reply