Ever wondered if you can cook frozen steak in the air fryer, yes you can and you will be pleasantly surprised how easy and quick it is to do. Air fryer frozen steak is so tender and juicy it will leave you wondering why you've not known about this earlier.
This tutorial will teach you all you need to know about cooking steak without the need to defrost it first. Yes, it would work whether you are cooking Sirloin, ribeye, rump, or T-steak.
What makes this air fryer frozen steak amazing
- It is perfect for when time is of the essence, cooking frozen sirloin steak in the air fryer is quick and easy and no waiting around for the steak to defrost. It is tender and juicy just like a steak cooked from fresh as opposed to frozen
- Economical: You can get a good quality frozen sirloin steak for an excellent price.
- It's mess-free, and all of the prep can be completed in the air fryer basket, so there's less clean-up.
- It's a simple, foolproof approach with practically no stress involved. However, it offers a fantastic outcome.
- Depending on the size of the steak, you may be able to cook up to 3 in the air fryer provided it's a square basket and about 5.7L in size. I use Cosori 5.7L XL and for the size of steak used, I can just about fit 3 into the basket.
Ingredients for frozen air fryer steak
Frozen steak: I used frozen sirloin steak
Garlic granules: this is optional but recommended for additional flavor.
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper: It is important not to use table salt when seasoning steak for better absorption. Also don't be afraid to salt the steak properly, more than you would usually season any other food or type of meat.
Spray cooking oil
Note: while I used just these 3 ingredients on my steak, you can use any seasoning of choice. Remember this is a guide on how to cook it therefore, using your desired spice blend should not change the outcome.
How to cook frozen steak in air fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 minutes
Remove the frozen steak from its package and carefully place it in the air fryer basket.
Spray the top of the steak with some cooking oil and generously season with salt, black pepper, and garlic granules. Also, season the sides of the steaks if you can manage it.
Halfway through the cooking time, flip the steak with a tong, spray with oil, and season. Cook the frozen steak in the air fryer for a total of 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness and the doneness you want.
Remove the steak from the air fryer immediately, top with garlic butter, and rest on a plate for at least 5 minutes before cutting it to prevent excess juice loss. Serve air fryer frozen steak with your favorite side dish, vegetables, or salad.
New to the air fryer, here is a quick guide on how to use an air fryer in easy steps
Cooking temperature for steak
The cooking time will vary depending on the steak's thickness and your preferred doneness, but if you're looking for a medium-rare to medium I would recommend at least 7-8 minutes per side, so 15-16 minutes in total. A well-done steak may take a total of 20 minutes in the air fryer.
It is important to use an instant meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak for accurate cooking. Here is the final cooking temperature for steak, hope it helps
- Rare steak internal temperature - 120F/50C
- Medium rare temperature- 1390F/54C
- Medium temperature - 140F/60C
- Medium -Well temperature - 150F/65C
- Well-done temperature - 160F/70C
Watch how to make it
- Like me, you may love your steak very well done! Well, here is where you'll want to make an exception. The secret to making the perfect steak in the air fryer is not overcooking it. You want to cook your steak till it's medium done. Anything above medium may be tough and chewy. So make sure you undercook it slightly. Remember the steak continues to cook as it rests.
- Don't be afraid to salt and season the steak like you mean it. Coat every inch of the meat with salt, however, do not pile the salt, rather spread it in an even layer.
- It's important to let your steak rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting it. Resting will allow redistribution of the internal juices to go to the right places within the meat.
- Just because it's an air fryer does not mean you should not add oil, your frozen steak needs some oil so the outer part doesn't become dry. This may lead to chewy and tough meat.
- You can cook any type of steak in the air fryer, from ribeye to t-bone steak, New York strip, skirt steak, and many more.
How long to cook frozen steak in air fryer.
The cooking time will vary depending on the frozen steak's thickness and your preferred doneness. At 200C/400F, and if you're looking for a medium-rare to medium I would recommend at least 6-7 minutes per side, So 14-15 minutes in total or 20 minutes for a well-done steak. Serve air fryer frozen steak with your favorite side dish, vegetables, or salad.
Can you cook frozen steak in air fryer
Yes, you can and it will be delicious and tender without the fear of drying out. There is no need to defrost the steak as well, you can season it however you like while it is still frozen and cook it to your preferred doneness.
More frozen air fryer foods recipes
If you made this super easy air fryer frozen recipe using my guidelines, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Frozen Steak In Air Fryer (Air Fryer Sirloin Steak)
- Air Frye
- 1 lb frozen steak x 2 I used frozen sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper don't be afraid to salt the steak properly more than you would usually season any other food or type of meat.
- Spray cooking oil
- Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 minutes
- Remove the frozen steak from its package and carefully place it in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the top of the steak with some cooking oil and generously season with salt, black pepper, and garlic granules. Also, season the sides of the steaks if you can manage it.
- Halfway through the cooking time, flip the steak with a tong, spray with oil, and season. Cook the frozen steak in the air fryer for a total of 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness and to the doneness you want.
- Remove the steak from the air fryer immediately and rest on a plate for at least 5 minutes before cutting it to prevent excess juice loss. Serve air fryer frozen steak with your favorite side dish, vegetables, or salad.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.