Instant pot frittata (Egg bake)! Packed full of all the good stuff you will love, fresh veggies, cheese and cream. If you love crustless quiche then this pressure cooker frittata or egg bake (if you prefer) is for you.
You can serve and enjoy this egg dish any time of the day, breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. I like to serve mine with homemade crispy potato wedges, chips and salad. It’s so good
Why you will love this instant pot frittata recipe
- It is quick fast and easy
- With only 20 minutes cooking time, that beats the time it would take to make this egg dish on the stove top or the oven.
- It is healthy, low in carb, gluten-free, keto-friendly, vegetarian and can be made vegan too.
- No cooking is involved with this recipe and the prep comes together in about 10 minutes
- You don’t need the oven for this recipe and no babysitting needed. With this instant pot frittata recipe, you don’t have to worry about getting a burn notice as this is a pot in a pot IP cooking method.
- It is perfect for brunch, lunch and even dinner. Also perfect for feeding a crowd.
A detailed list of ingredients used is in the recipe card at the bottom of the page!
Red bell peppers
Double cream/heavy cream; substitute for full-fat whole milk
Salt & pepper
7 x 3’’ round cake pan or springform pan
Vegetable Frittata filling variations
You can fill this egg bake with just about anything and everything you fancy. This is a kitchen sink recipe and anything goes. Not a fan of veggie-loaded frittata, you can add some protein from bacon, shredded chicken, chorizo, ham etc.
A popular choice is spinach but just as I mentioned above, anything goes from chives, green onions, kale, broccoli tips, asparagus, peas, leeks and the likes.
You could also add potatoes as well, cubed into bite-size.
Yoghurt, sour cream or dairy-free milk like soya or almond
How to make instant pot frittata
I used instant pot duo V2 7-in-1 but you can use any electric pressure cooker you own. I have also tested this recipe in pressure king pro.
Grease a 7 x 3" pan using a cooking spray, butter or vegetable oil and line the base with a parchment paper (optional).
Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add double cream and whisk to combine, followed by the paprika, thyme, salt, ground black pepper. Whisk until combined.
Next add chopped peppers, mushroom, broccoli, onions and fold into the whisked eggs
Pour half of the egg mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the grated cheese. Repeat the process and cover the pan with an aluminium foil.
Place a trivet in your instant pot and add 1 cup of water. Carefully place the egg pan on the trivet. Cover the lid of your instant pot securely then turn the valve to the sealing position. Select manual or pressure cook and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes then 10 minutes natural pressure release then quick release the remaining pressure.
Take the egg bake out of the Instant pot and leave to rest for about 10 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve. You can serve frittata warm or cold.
How to serve frittata (egg bake)
Frittata can be served either warm or cold and it can be eaten any time of the day. As a breakfast, I tend to eat it on its own or with avocado slices. For brunch, lunch or dinner, I pair with chips or potato wedges, salad or roasted vegetable.
- For golden topping or really melty cheese, place the baked eggs under a grill (broiler) for some few minutes or until brown but not burnt.
- Use any vegetables of choice
- Saute the vegetables for some few minutes if you fancy and leave to cool before stirring into the whisked eggs and follow the steps mentioned on the recipe.
- Reduce the amount of cheese and cream used in this recipe for a healthier option. You can also do without these two ingredients.
- Always use trivet and pot-in-pot method for this recipe.
How to store this recipe
Frittata of any form can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. it can stay up to 5 days if stored properly in an airtight container, I feel 3 days is safe and a happy medium for cooked egg dishes.
Freezer: You may store in the freezer for up to 2 months wrapped in a cling film before placing in an airtight container. Reheat in a microwave or oven and remember to remove the clingfilm for this process.
Can I make this into egg bites or egg casserole
Yes, you can. Firstly, frittata is technically the same as a breakfast casserole. For the egg bites, you will need an additional instant pot accessory called egg mould. Alternatively, use ramekins but be sure it can withstand the heat from the pressure cooker.
Can I double this recipe?
No, but if you are using the 8quarts instant pot then you can use an 8’’ cake pan but don’t overfill the pan.
Cooking times for instant pot frittata/egg bake
Timing varies from 10 to 20 minutes depending on how deep the cake pan is. Also is you would be finishing the recipe off under the grill/broiler then you want to reduce the cooking time.
I cooked this vegetable frittata for 20 minutes and my vegetables were just perfect, not soggy and tasted fresh. This timing would also work for a breakfast casserole.
Other instant pot vegetarian recipes you would love
If you made this easy instant pot pressure cooker frittata recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Instant Pot Frittata (Instant Pot Egg Bake)
- 7 x 3’’ round cake pan or spring form pan
- Cooking spray
- Aluminium foil
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped
- ½ Red bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup mushroom chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons double cream/heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ small onion chopped
- Chopped tomatoes
- Grease a 7 x 3" pan using a cooking spray, butter or vegetable oil and line the base with a parchment paper.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Add double cream and whisk to combine, followed by the paprika, thyme, salt, ground black pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Next add chopped peppers, mushroom, broccoli, onions and fold into the whisked eggs
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the grated cheese. Repeat the process and cover the pan with an aluminium foil.
- Place a trivet in your instant pot and add 1 cup of water. Carefully place the egg pan on the trivet. Cover the lid of your instant pot securely then turn the valve to the sealing position. Select manual or pressure cook and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes then 10 minutes natural pressure release then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Take the egg bake out of the Instant pot and leave to rest for about 10 minutes., turn into a plate, slice into wedges and serve. You can serve frittata warm or cold.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!