If you are looking for a quick 10 minutes dinner that is simple and delicious, this olive oil pasta with sundried tomatoes is the way to go. It is packed full of flavor and is so easy to make! Spaghetti tossed in extra virgin olive oil, with garlic, sundried tomatoes, and red pepper flakes to make a delicious and restaurant-quality meal.
Olive oil pasta recipe
Whether you choose to call this dish spaghetti with olive oil and garlic or Pasta Aglio e Olio, it is a classic Italian pasta dish that is beloved by many. A perfect weeknight meal, this dish is flavor-packed and comes together in just minutes! It is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
The key to this dish is high-quality extra virgin olive oil. You will want to use the best olive oil you can afford as it really makes a difference in the final flavor of the dish. I added chopped sundried tomatoes to this 10 minutes spaghetti dish for an extra boost of flavor. You could also add in some Kalamata olives, capers, or roasted red peppers.
This is a versatile side dish that can be served as it is for a vegetarian option or you could add some cooked shrimp, chicken, or sausage for a complete meal. I like to top mine with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
You will love this recipe because it is cheap, easy, and can be made in a short amount of time. It only requires a few pantry staples ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
What you need to make spaghetti with olive oil and garlic
You will need the following ingredients to make this super easy 10 minutes olive oil pasta recipe
Extra virgin olive oil
Red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
Lemon zest, juice, and parmesan cheese to serve.
How to make olive oil pasta with sundried tomatoes
Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
Make the sundried tomato oil: Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat until hot. Add sliced garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
Add chopped sundried tomatoes, chill pepper cook for about 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
Combine: Stir in chopped parsley, salt, and black pepper and reduce the heat completely to low, drain the cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the sundried tomato oil.
Toss or mix to combine until the flavored oil coats the spaghetti. If the pasta seems dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water to lighten it. Take it off the heat, and garnish with lemon zest, parmesan cheese, and more parsley if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to store
This dish is best served fresh, however, if you do have leftovers, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Watch how to make it
- This is a quick recipe and that means you have to make sure all your ingredients are ready before you start cooking.
- For the best results, use good-quality extra virgin olive oil with great flavor to it.
- You can use any type of pasta for this recipe, such as thin spaghetti, linguine, or penne.
- Don't overcook the oil, you are only heating up until it is just hot, not until it starts smoking.
- If your pasta seems dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water to lighten it up and make it saucier.
- For additional flavor, add anchovies fillet, cherry tomatoes, and artichokes heart to the pasta dish.
More easy pasta recipes using few ingredients you should try
Olive Oil Pasta With Sundried Tomatoes
- 300 g Spaghetti
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes in oil drained
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta water reserved
- Lemon zest, juice, and parmesan cheese to serve. optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve some pasta water
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat until just about hot. Add sliced garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes, chill pepper cook for about 1 minute stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- Stir in chopped parsley, season with salt, and black pepper and reduce the heat completely to low, drain the cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the sundried tomato oil.
- Toss or mix to combine until the flavored oil coats the spaghetti. If the pasta seems dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water to lighten it. Take it off the heat, and drizzle with lemon juice, garnish with lemon zest, parmesan cheese, and more parsley if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
And there you have it, a simple and delicious olive oil pasta with sundried tomatoes recipe that you can make at home in under 15 minutes. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox