2 ingredient homemade basil pesto butter recipe! no fancy gadget is needed to make this creamy and delicious pesto butter, all you need is a bowl and fork and 5 minutes.
Why you need to make this recipe
- Creamy and delicious compound butter using just 2 ingredients
- There is no need to bring out your mixer for this, once your butter is softened properly, all you will need will just be a bowl and a fork. This will also save time and make cleanup a breeze.
- It can be used in so many ways! I love using it as a spread on toast, crackers, rustic bread, tossed with some pasta or potatoes, or as a delicious topping for grilled chicken or fish. You can also make turn it into a dip such as this pesto mayo.
Is pesto butter a compound butter
Yes, pesto butter is a compound butter. Compound butter is a simple combination of softened butter and other ingredients such as herbs, and spices, or in this case, pesto to flavor it! You can also use sweet ingredients such as maple syrup or honey to flavor your butter.
Compound butter may also be known as herb butter depending on how you choose to flavor it.
You only need 2 active ingredients to make this at home
Basil pesto: You can use storebought or homemade, here is a great and delicious homemade 5 minutes basil pesto recipe you will love if you do fancy making some yourself.
Salted butter: you can use unsalted butter for this recipe but I personally love slightly salted butter when making compound butter.
How to soften butter quickly
If you forgot to leave your butter out to soften, no problem! here are 2 quick and easy ways to do it.
Cut the butter into small cubes and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high power in 10-second increments until the butter is just soft enough to easily mix with a spoon.
Alternatively, turn on the microwave for about 20 seconds, open the microwave then place the butter in it so that the residual heat can help to soften it. This is my go-to and preferred method.
How to make pesto butter
In a bowl, mix together softened butter and basil pesto then mix until well combined. You can add more or less pesto to your liking. Enjoy!
How to store
Pesto butter can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days. It will last for up to a month if you omitted garlic from your pesto. You can also freeze it in the freezer for up to 3 months
More pesto recipes
- mixing bowl and a fork
- ⅓ cup basil pesto softened or any other pesto of choice
- 110 g unsalted salted butter 1 stick of butter
- In a bowl, mix together softened butter and basil pesto then mix until well combined. You can add more or less pesto to your liking. Enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
More DIY condiment recipes you will love
If you made this easy compound butter recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox