Who doesn’t love a creamy and delicious bang bang sauce! Making this homemade bang bang sauce recipe couldn’t be easier. 4 ingredients and 1 minute is all it takes to make this versatile sauce, it is perfect for dipping with just about everything, chicken, shrimp, cauliflower, French fries, and more.
Why you should make yours at home
- It is quick and easy and requires a handful of fridge staple ingredients
- The sauce is creamy, spicy, sweet and delicious.
- It is versatile and can be used on seafood, meat and vegetables
What is bang bang sauce
Bang bang sauce is mayonnaise and sweet chili-based sauce, it is creamy, sweet, and spicy. The sauce was made popular by Bonefish Grill and they are well known for their bang bang shrimp. There have been variations of the copycat recipe ever since and I will be sharing mine with you today.
Mayonnaise: the original recipe call for full-fat mayonnaise but you can substitute it with low-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt to make it healthier
Sweet chili sauce
Sriracha: substitute with Franks hot sauce or tabasco
Honey: this is optional but great for additional sweetness to complement the rest of the ingredients
Salt and pepper: I didn’t need to add this to the sauce but you can add to yours if you taste and you feel there is a need for it
Garlic powder: also this is optional, my sweet chili sauce has a good amount of garlic in it hence why I did not use this.
How to make bang bang sauce
This homemade recipe is as easy as it gets, once you get the hang of it, you won’t need to be measuring the ingredients to this sauce.
To a bowl combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, honey and whisk to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of water to thin it out. Taste to check if you would be needing salt or black pepper and adjust accordingly. I did not need to add this.
For best result, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to develop, that said, it can be served immediately too.
What to serve it with
Bang bang sauce is not for shrimps alone and can be served with many other dishes including but not limited to the following
How long does it last in the fridge
This homemade sauce will last up to 10 days in the fridge, make sure to store it in an airtight container. It is also important that all the ingredients used are still within the dates of the storing period.
More dipping sauce recipe
The best fry sauce recipe
Creamy sweet chili mayo
If you made this easy condiment recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes to your inbox
Bang Bang Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise substitute with low-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt to make it healthier
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1½ tbsp Sriracha substitute with Franks hot sauce or tabasco
- 1 tbsp Honey
- To a bowl combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, honey and whisk to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of water to thin it out. Taste to check if you would be needing salt or black pepper and adjust accordingly. I did not need to add this.
- For best result, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to develop, that said, it can be served immediately too. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 10 days
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.