Easy cake mix brownies! this recipe will show you how to make fudgy brownies from cake mix in easy steps. It is rich, sinfully good, and easy to make.
This is an excellent recipe for when you need something sweet in your life, fast! A one-bowl cake recipe everyone would love.
Cake mix brownies recipe
How does nonbaker impress family and friends? you bake cakes, brownies, and the likes using cake mix. Thanks, Betty crocker! you have been saving lives since forever. If you have ever wondered if you can use cake mix for fudgy brownies, the answer is yes and it is pretty easy to make too.
Cake mix brownies are a quick and easy dessert that you can whip up in no time. All you need is a cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and chocolate chips(if desired).
The great thing about these brownies is that they taste just as good as a homemade version without all the work! If these brownies don't satisfy your sweet tooth, I'm not sure what will.
This, just like my homemade chocolate cake recipe is perfect for all occasions, thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter included. Right get out your apron and let's pretend we are baking up a storm in the kitchen but really we are just making a lazy girl brownie.
Why this recipe is soo good
- This easy-peasy recipe literally takes 5 minutes to put together, it is made with only a few ingredients and one bowl, making clean-up a snap.
- It's quite simple to modify, and you may use any type of cake mix you choose. I prefer chocolate cake mix.
- It is super quick, easy to make and so delicious!
- There is no long list of instructions to follow, just add eggs, oil, and choc chips to the ready-made cake mix and you are done.
8x8 square baking pan
You will need the following ingredients to make your brownies with cake mix
Chocolate cake mix: I am using betty croaker (it is simply the best, not sponsored btw) but you can use any brand of choice
Eggs at room temperature
Chocolate chips or chunks (optional but recommended)
How to make brownies with cake mix step by step recipe instructions.
First, preheat the oven to 350F/170C and spray an 8x8 square baking pan with oil, and line with parchment paper, and set aside.
To a mixing bowl, add cake mix, eggs, oil, choc chips, and mix to combine
Transfer the brownie batter to the cake pan and spread it to fill the pan
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
Let cool down for about 10 minutes before slicing into 9 or 12 squares. Serve and enjoy on its own, with a scoop of ice cream or caramel sauce.
PS: this recipe is supposed to be dense and fudgy, however, you will be able to tell if it is wet or sticky.
How to tell when brownies are done
If making a cake recipe, it's best to set a timer so that you get the timing correct. This way, you don't end up overcooking, in this case, the brownies which only take between 20-30 minutes to cook.
When you insert a toothpick or cake tester into the middle of your brownie and it comes out with wet batter, then it may need an extra 3 to 5 minutes.
If the toothpick comes out with a gooey sticky stain then it is done. If you are aiming for a cakey brownie then the toothpick should come out clean. Take care, as you don't want to underbake it at this stage.
To recap: set timer, look out for stained toothpick/cake tester, however, this is not a deal-breaker as you can do visible checks too. If the brownie has cracky edges and is set in the middle, no longer wobbly then it is done.
How long are brownies good for
Store brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week. I will be surprised if they last that long. Personally, I don't keep cakes or brownies longer than 24 hours at room temperature. They belong in the fridge!
Freezer: If you want to freeze them, wrap them in plastic and place them in a freezer bag or an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months
- Don't have chocolate chips, make these brownies with just 3 ingredients, cake mix, oil, and eggs
- Jazz up your cake box brownie with chopped nuts, crumbled cookies, crushed Oreos, M&M candies, and more chocolate if desired.
- Use any cake mix of choice, red velvet, yellow cake mix, strawberry, vanilla, all work well in this recipe.
- Double the ingredients and bake in a 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Use cake mix from trusted brands such as Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, Dr. Oether, and co.
Watch how to make it
More easy dessert recipes you will love
If you made this quick and easy lazy girl brownie recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on
Cake Mix Brownies Recipe
- 8x8 baking pan
- 425 g chocolate cake mix
- 2 large Eggs at room temperature 120g when weighed without the shell
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips or chunks optional but recommended
- Preheat the oven to 350F/170C and spray an 8x8 square baking pan with oil, and line with parchment paper, then set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add cake mix, eggs, oil, choc chips, and mix to combine
- Transfer the brownie batter to the cake pan and spread it to fill the pan
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool down for about 10 minutes or completely before slicing into 9 or 12 squares. Serve and enjoy
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.