This dairy-free banana bread with oil is perfectly moist, fluffy, and delicious. It is very easy to make, in fact, I made this in one bowl, so you are fine if you don’t have a mixer.
This healthy banana bread recipe calls for less sugar, the overripe bananas are naturally sweet and compensated for the sugar. Right let’s get baking
Dairy-free Banana Bread Recipe with oil
I have tried many banana bread recipes in my time but the one that has stuck with me is the dairy-free version made with oil. This easy banana bread recipe is the best and classic too. it is my go-to recipe that has never failed me before and I believe it won’t fail you too.
Related post: If you love the idea of this recipe then you would love this banana mug cake recipe. It is great for when you don't want to make a big love of cake.
Why this recipe is so good
- This classic banana bread recipe is perfect for beginners. As much as it is very easy to make banana bread, if not done right it can easily go wrong or dry out. That is why I have made this recipe foolproof, your bread would come out perfectly moist at all times.
- It is healthy, dairy-free and low in calories, I used less sugar, no chocolate chips, butter or chopped nuts that carries additional calories, also this recipe is dairy-free
- You only need a handful of ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
- This banana bread recipe is plain and guilt-free but you can customise it to suit you. You can add nuts of choice or chocolate chips.
- You never need to throw away those overripe bananas on your counter, you can easily turn them to something good and that is where this banana bread comes in.
- It is a perfect snack for your child(ren)’s lunch pack. My daughter loves having it in her lunch pack, she would pick the bread over fruits.
- It is a perfect comfort snack, imagine a slice of this with a cup of hot cocoa, iced cold coffee, iced matha latte or turmeric milk on a cold evening. You are guaranteed a good night sleep.
- You don’t need a mixer nor have to be an expert baker. All you need to make this classic recipe is a bowl and a fork. Basically, all you are doing is adding dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Simple!
Apart From Oil, What Else Do I Need In My Dairy-Free Banana Bread
This is all you need to make my 7-ingredients dairy-free banana bread.
All-purpose flour: also know as plain flour, substitute with whole wheat flour
Baking soda: Note this is not the same as baking powder.
Vegetable oil: Substitute with light olive oil, coconut oil or any other flavourless oil of choice
Light Brown sugar and caster sugar: I used a combination of both but you can use either of the two.
Overripe mashed bananas: use those spotty bananas in your fruit basket, yes those ones, see picture below for reference.
Eggs at room temperature: I used free-range eggs
Pinch of salt: this is optional but recommended.
Prep and tip
Start by measuring the flour correctly. If possible, avoid using measuring cups and use a kitchen scale instead. Remember measuring cup sizes varies slightly from country to country but scale measurement remains the same everywhere and anywhere. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt (if using) and set aside.
Prep the rest of the ingredients and prepare the pan (9x5" loaf pan) by greasing it with oil or butter (dairy-free) and line with a parchment paper
How To Make Dairy-Free Banana Bread With Oil
Peel the bananas and add to a mixing bowl then mash with a fork, crack the eggs and add to the mashed banana followed by vegetable oil, sugar (light brown and caster sugar), vanilla essence, and whisk to combine.
Using a spatula, fold in the AP flour, salt, and baking soda into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven (middle shelf) for 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Take it out of the oven, leave it to cool for a few minutes (about 10 minutes), remove it from the loaf pan and turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice the banana bread and enjoy
How To Store Banana Bread
Here are the best ways to store your banana bread correctly and to keep them moist and fresh for days.
In the refrigerator: banana bread will last up to 4 or 5 days in the fridge. Wrap in cling film (plastic wrap), foil, or an airtight container so it remains fresh and moist. This is my preferred way of storing it
In the freezer: well, if you manage to get this bread in the freezer, I admire your willpower. Make sure the banana bread cools completely before storing it in the freezer to avoid condensation and slice it for convenience. Wrap tightly and individually in a cling film before placing it in a freezer bag. Store for up to 3 months.
To defrost: do so at room temperature for a few hours or pop in the microwave for a few seconds or in the refrigerator overnight
At room temperature: If you don’t want to store it in the fridge then you may keep it in an airtight container or cling film and place it in a cool place on a counter. It will keep well for up to 5 days.
Q: Is Banana Bread Healthy?
A: Yes. It can be, depending on the ingredients used. You can make some smart swaps to make your banana healthy and kinder to the waist. Swap all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour. Use more bananas and less sugar. Alternatively, swap the sugar for maple syrup or honey. Make the banana bread nut-free or chocolate chips-free.
Q: Can I make it without eggs?
A: Absolutely, it is possible to make it without eggs, you may have to replace eggs with vinegar, milk, and baking powder. They will act as the binding and raising agents for the banana bread. I accidentally made eggless banana bread muffins and they were delicious, perfectly moist, and fluffy.
Easy home baking recipes
If you made this easy dairy-free banana bread recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
This recipe was originally published in Nov 2019, it has now been updated with new photos and tips. The recipe remains the same as it is perfect.
Dairy Free Banana Bread Recipe With Oil
- 9X5" loaf pan
- 250 g all purpose flour plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 50 g light Brown sugar
- 60 g caster sugar
- 2 overripe mashed bananas about 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the pan by greasing it with oil or butter (dairy-free) and line with a parchment paper. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt (if using) together in a dry bowl and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F for fan oven or 170C/340C in a conventional oven
- Peel the bananas and add to a mixing bowl then mash with a fork, crack the eggs and add to the mashed banana followed by vegetable oil, sugar (light brown and caster sugar), vanilla essence and whisk to combine.
- Lastly, using a spatula, fold in the AP flour, salt and baking soda into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven (middle shelf) for 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven, leave it to cool for a few minutes (about 10 minutes), remove it from the loaf pan and turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice the banana bread and enjoy
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.