Ever wondered if you can cook frozen food in an air fryer? The answer is yes and it is seriously easy too. This post teaches you everything you need to know about cooking your favorite food in your gadget, cooking time, temperature, and more.
More importantly, I have rounded up about 15 of the best-frozen food you can cook in your air fryer from chicken wings to mozzarella cheese and lots more. These recipes are perfect for when time is of the essence or you just fancy cooking some frozen food and why not?
What is an air fryer
An air fryer is a device that uses hot air to cook food (think of it as a compact conventional oven). It uses the same principle as cooking with oil but uses little to no oil at all to cook depending on the dish. The heat in an air fryer circulates evenly around the food for even cooking. The results are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with little to no oil needed! The best part is that you can cook frozen food in one!
I hope you like these roundups as much as I enjoyed putting the list together
Why you should cook frozen food in the air fryer
Air fryers are a healthier alternative to deep-frying
Cooking frozen food in the air fryer is faster than using your oven plus no need to defrost or thawing before cooking.
it is economical and less messy than other cooking methods
The air fryer uses less energy than an oven or stovetop because it cooks with hot air instead of fire
Frozen vegetables cook quickly in the air fryer without any added water or oils
Air fryers are easy to use and will help you eat healthier by limiting your fat intake.
Crispy food without the excess oil
Air fryer frozen food cooking chart
I hope this chart is useful to you? Please keep in mind that cooking time will vary depending on the brand of food and air fryer you use.
|Food Name||Cooking Temperature||Time|
|Frozen French Fries||200C/400F||12-15 mins|
|Frozen Burgers||180C/365F||12-15 mins|
|Frozen Chicken Breast||200C/400F||20-25 mins|
|Frozen Shrimps||200C/400F||5-8 mins|
|Frozen Fish Sticks||200C/400F||6-8 mins|
|Frozen Chicken Wings||200C/400F||15-18 mins|
|Frozen Mozzarella Sticks||180C/360F||5-6 mins|
|Frozen Chicken Quarters||200C/400F||20-25 mins|
|Frozen Roast Potatoes||200C/400F||15-20 mins|
|Frozen Bacon||180C/350F||12-18 mins|
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your air fryer. Smaller-sized air fryers would cook faster than large-capacity ones.
- Also, the brand of frozen food you cook will vary from one to another and this can also determine how long to cook and what the finished meal will look like
- If using an oven style air fryer, you are best cooking in the middle shelf so that the food can cook properly and without burning quickly too
- Cook frozen food directly in the air fryer basket for a crispy result.
- If the air fryer basket is overcrowded or overloaded, food will not be properly cooked. Frozen foods can't be stacked in the air fryer, although fries are an exception.
- This is a debatable point, but in my opinion, you will achieve a better result if you preheat the air fryer before preparing your frozen food.
- Lastly, Cook in batches if need be especially if using a smaller air fryer
10 best air fryer frozen food
Credit: air fryer chicken quarters via Air fryer yum
Credit: How to cook air fryer frozen bacon via Air fryer yum
More roundup you will love
Over to you
If you made any of these super easy frozen food recipes, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Best Frozen Foods For Air Fryer
- 3 Frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- In a small mixing bowl, combine parsley, garlic granules, onion granules, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper and set aside
- Spray the chicken breast on all around with some cooking oil spray then sprinkle the seasoning mix all over it.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil (this step is optional) then place the seasoned frozen chicken breast in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 200C/400F flip and cook for additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature register 165F/73C.
- Carefully transfer to a plate cover with an aluminium foil loosely and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Use as desired and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.