As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
These Easy Baked Chicken Drumsticks is a perfect chicken recipe for entertaining, great finger food for children and it only requires 5 key ingredients. It is quick and simple to make. Enjoy these easy oven-baked drumsticks with other side dish of choice, it is also great with salad too.
All you need to make these easy baked chicken drumsticks are a handful of pantry staple spices. This chicken drumstick doesn’t require marinating. All you need do is mix the 5 ingredients together, rub it on the chicken and bake in the oven. You can either choose to bake (roast) or grill, whatever you choose to do with this chicken drumsticks, you can never go wrong.
I am not a lover of chicken skin, but I make an exception when I make these oven-baked drumsticks or chicken wings. My family loved and happily ate this chicken legs. It is just beautiful. Juicy, tender and flavour packed. What is not to love about these tender, juicy and flavourful chicken.
Why I Love This Recipe
- It is quick and simple to make and with just five key ingredients, what’s not to love?
- You don’t need to marinade this chicken drumsticks and that makes it a perfect dinner recipe the whole family would love.
- It is healthy because it is oven-baked. These chicken drumsticks can be fried too if that is how you prefer it.
If This Is Not The Best Chicken Drumsticks Marinade Ever, Then I Don’t Know What Is
Trust the below ingredients with your chicken drumsticks and thank me later. This spice rub would work for other chicken parts as well, you might need to adjust the recipe to accommodate the size of chicken you will be using
Paprika: I used smoked paprika but you can also use any other type of paprika you have at hand
The last two ingredients are optional but highly recommended
Sugar, yes you read right, brown sugar. This recipe only calls for one teaspoon to one 1kg of a chicken drumstick. This can be substituted with Worcestershire sauce.
How To Make Easy Oven-baked Chicken Drumsticks
This is a simple 3 steps recipe
Coat chicken drumsticks with spices when you are to bake.
Arrange the drumsticks on a baking rack over a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray/ olive oil
And bake to perfection
How Long To Bake Chicken Drumsticks At 375
typically, drumsticks bake in the oven quicker than any other parts of the chicken. More importantly, the size of the chicken determines how long you bake the chicken for. Also, the type of oven used would also play a factor in how long your chicken would bake for. Bake this chicken drumsticks at a high temperature of 375F/190C between 35 to 45 minutes. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes then flip sides and continue baking for another 15 to 25 minutes.
Alternatively, cook chicken legs according to the instruction on the packet. No matter how long you decide to bake your chicken for, ensure that it is cooked through and no longer pink. Check for the doneness of the chicken by opening one up and if it no longer pink and clear water runs through it, then it is cooked. You can also use a meat thermometer and the internal chicken temperature should read 165F/74C
What To Serve With Chicken Drumsticks?
These are my favourite ways of serving these delicious, juicy and flavourful chicken legs
I pair them with this simple spicy couscous (Recipe coming soon)
Other Recipes On The Blog
Easy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- baking tray, oven
- 1 kg Chicken drumsticks between 10 to 12 pieces
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder substitute with black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar substitute with Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Non-stick Cooking oil spray
- Pat chicken dry with a kitchen towel (this is an important step you shouldn’t skip. You may wish to either rinse the chicken or not)
- Add the spices to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a bowl or large Ziploc, pour over the marinade (spice rub). Rub the spices into the chicken drumsticks ensuring you coat it well.
- Place a wire rack in a baking tray. Arrange the chicken drumsticks on a single layer. Spray with cooking spray and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, flip sides and bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Rest the chicken for 5 minutes before serving with any other side of choice.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.