Ever wondered if you could reheat French fries in air fryer? The simple answer is yes and today you will learn how to reheat food in your air fryer like a pro whether it is your homemade fries that have been refrigerated, Macdonalds', or any other fast-food fries.
One of the jobs the air fryer does best is reheating food like it is freshly made without compromising on the taste or texture of the food. Unlike the microwave which will likely leave you with soggy fries that will harden when cool, the air fryer will quickly reheat your french fries and make them taste just as good as when they were first cooked. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and you don't have to rush to eat it thinking it may lose its crispiness.
The oven (convection oven or fan oven) on the other hand does a good job too. However, it takes forever! If you are in a hurry, the air fryer is your best bet and the fastest way too, especially if you are reheating a small batch. Imagine heating up a whole oven to reheat a medium-size Macdonalds fries, the air fryer is the best gadget for this type of job.
So, what is the best way to reheat french fries, that's very simple to answer, it is the air fryer method. Here is a quick and easy guide on how to reheat fries in the air fryer. This method will work for all types of fries, crinkle cut, waffle fries, sweet potato fries, steak fries, curly fries, and many more. The process is really easy and straightforward, however, you should know that the wattage and brand of your air fryer may affect the cooking time specified in today's guide.
The air fryer's major benefit is that you can take a little peek to check on the food without opening the whole basket and thereby releasing all the heat, unlike ovens. Also, you do not need any oil to reheat fries in the air fryer but you can spray some on it if you prefer. Let's get started
Related post: How to reheat pizza in air fryer
Pros and Cons of reheating french fries in the air fryer
Pros: you can cook a small batch at a time making it energy efficient
- A crispy and fluffy result like you just fried it
- No additional oil needed
Cons: You may not be able to cook a large batch at a time as overcrowding the air fryer basket may result in uneven cooking.
What you need
Leftover french fries
Dipping sauce of choice
How to reheat french fries in air fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 350F/180C for 3 minutes (recipe was tested in Cosori 1700W and Instant vortex air fryer)
Add the leftover fries to the air fryer basket in a single layer (avoid overcrowding the air fryer for a great result)
Reheat the fries at 350F/180C for 3-5 minutes shaking the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking for even cooking.
Serve your reheated fries with any dipping sauce of choice and enjoy.
- The thickness of the fries will determine how long you will cook them. So, if you are reheating regular Mcdonald's fries, it will take about 3-5 minutes while a thicker steak fry or waffle fry may need 5-7 minutes. Start checking from 4 minutes!
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket for even cooking and the best result. If you have a lot of leftovers, cook in batches.
- If you want extra crispy reheated french fries, spray some oil on it before reheating.
- You can also add some seasoning like garlic powder, onion powder, taco seasoning, peri-peri seasoning, etc to your reheated french fries for extra flavor.
When to avoid reheating french fries in the air fryer
If your leftover french fries have already been reheated before, it is not advisable to reheat them again as this will make them tough and rubbery. So, if you are not sure, it is best to discard them.
The same goes for food that has been sitting out for more than 2 hours as it may no longer be safe to eat. If you know you will not be eating your food anytime soon especially fast food, refrigerate it once it cools down.
What to do with leftover French fries
You can use your leftover fries in the following ways.
- Leftover fries Frittata
- Chips and gravy
- Chips and Chinese curry sauce
- Potato hash with bell peppers
More air fryer recipes you will love
Air fryer potatoes and onions (via craving small bites)
How to cook frozen chicken thighs in air fryer
Air fryer sausages and potatoes
How To Reheat French Fries In Fryer
- Leftover french fries
- Dipping sauce of choice to serve
- Preheat the air fryer at 350F/180C for 3 minutes
- Add the leftover to the air fryer basket in a single layer (avoid overcrowding the air fryer for a great result)
- Reheat the fries at 350F/180C for 3-5 minutes shaking the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking for even cooking.
- Serve your reheated fries with any dipping sauce of choice and enjoy.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
Did you follow this cooking guide? Don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on
Leave a Reply