If you own an air fryer and you have never cooked mushrooms in it, I can tell you today that you are missing out a lot. Air fryer mushrooms is a quick and easy side dish that is packed full of flavor and requires a handful of pantry staple ingredients
Air fried mushroom recipe
You would be pleasantly surprised how good this vegetable turns in the air fryer. The result is an outstanding, perfectly cooked mushroom that is tender, meaty and with the right of crispness to it, the texture is insane.
Honestly save yourself the stress of cooking this vegetable on the stovetop or in the oven, not only is it easy to make, it is totally hands-free too. This is hands-down the best way to cook mushrooms, it is a no-fail recipe with guaranteed success at all times. Even a mushroom hater would love this one!
Mushroom is highly nutritious, loaded with vitamins, it is low in calories, high in fiber, and a great antioxidant!
The best way to clean mushroom
You do not need to wash or rinse mushrooms before cooking, the best way to clean mushrooms is by wiping them with a damp paper towel or simply brushing the dirt off with a pastry brush.
If you are still in doubt then you can peel off the outer part of the mushroom.
What you need to make it
I used the following ingredients and seasoning on my mushrooms. In my opinion, I believe less is more when seasoning this earthy and tender vegetable.
Mushrooms: fresh mushrooms work best in the air fryer, today I am using cremini (also known as Chestnut mushroom in the UK) but you can use any of choice such as closed cup or portobello
Red pepper flakes
Olive oil substitute with vegetable oil of choice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to cook mushrooms in an air fryer?
Clean the mushrooms and slice them into similar sizes then transfer to a bowl
Add garlic granules, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and stir or toss to combine.
Transfer the seasoned mushroom into the air fryer basket and cook at 180C/365F for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked to desired doneness.
PS: shake the basket and stir the mushrooms halfway through the cooking time.
Transfer cooked mushrooms to a plate and serve as desired.
Watch how to make it
- Slice the mushrooms into similar thickness so that it cooks evenly
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket with the sliced mushrooms otherwise it would steam instead of roasting.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe
- Air fryer mushroom cooking time will depend on the thickness of the mushroom. Check on it every 5 minutes to be able to determine how much longer it would need to cook. Also, note that the wattage of your air fryer will play a part in how long to cook for.
More mushroom recipes
More air fryer recipes
If you made this easy air fryer mushroom recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Air fryer mushrooms
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb white or brown mushrooms cremini (chestnut mushroom closed cup or portobello
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil substitute with vegetable oil of choice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them into similar sizes then transfer to a bowl
- Add garlic granules, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir or toss to combine.
- Transfer the seasoned mushroom into the air fryer basket and cook at 180C/365F for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked to desired doneness.
- PS: shake the basket and stir the mushrooms halfway through the cooking time.
- Transfer cooked mushrooms to a plate and serve as desired.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.