Cheesy Spicy Omelette
Cheesy spicy omelette with chips for dinner, yes, you read that right. Omelette is not for breakfast alone. It can be served any time of the days even for dinner. Here is my basic go-to spicy omelette recipe from my kitchen to yours in less than 10 minutes. It is that quick and easy.
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese you use any melting cheese of choice like mozzarella, gouda and the likes.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp smoked paprika substitute this for sweet paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes: for a little bit of kick.
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp milk substitute with any milk you want. you can even use cream such as single or double cream.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk until light, add the milk and whisk to combine.
Add the spices, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
Heat a non-stick skillet or frying pan on medium heat, add butter and melt.
Pour the whisked eggs into the melted butter. Leave it to set around the edges for a few seconds then use a spatula to gently move the eggs around or tilt it in the pan so the uncooked eggs mixture can get the same heat distribution and set as well.
Just when the egg is about setting sprinkle the cheese and allow to melt then carefully fold the omelet in half. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately with chips and salad of choice.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 563mg | Sodium: 449mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2234IU | Calcium: 362mg | Iron: 3mg