This white bean dip (cannellini bean dip) is the dip you make for any occasion especially when time is of the essence and you want something different from hummus.
This easy white bean dip recipe is a delicious appetizer or snack that is packed full of flavor, more importantly, you only need 3 main ingredients and 5 minutes to make it. Let me show you how to make it in simple steps
Easy white bean dip recipe
Cannellini bean dip (or white bean puree) is what you whip up for a quick appetizer for a game’s night or girls' night and more. To be honest, this bean dip is much more than an appetizer, I personally enjoy it as a snack or light dinner served with my homemade flatbread.
This is literally the best bean dip recipe ever! It is just perfect in every way and utterly delicious.
It is very easy to put together and your food processor does most of the job. In fact, the only serious job here is opening a can of cannellini beans and rinsing it. This dip is so easy a child can make it under minimal supervision.
You can make white bean dip with just 3 ingredients, beans, olive oil, and salt but I found this too plain so I jazzed it up with lemon zest, lemon juice, black pepper, tahini, and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
I know, you are probably thinking it sounds like white beans hummus. Technically yes, as I just swapped out the legumes.
Why you will love this recipe
- It is affordable
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Healthy snacks
- Keto friendly
- Easily customisable to taste
- Great for meal prepping (school lunch or work lunch snacks)
- Perfect all year round: winter, summer, autumn (fall) this bean dip has got you covered.
- Bean dip freezes well if you happen to make more than you need at a time.
What you will need
You will need the following pantry and fridge staple ingredients to make this recipe.
Cannellini beans: substitute with butter beans
Tahini: this is optional but use it if you have one on hand
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
Add cream cheese or Greek yogurt for a creamier consistency
Add roasted red pepper or sundried tomatoes to the dip
Substitute the raw garlic for roasted garlic for mellow garlic flavor.
How to make white bean dip (cannellini beans)
Open the can of beans and empty it in a colander then rinse it under running water. Give it a good shake to drain excess water or leave it to drain completely.
Add the drained cannellini beans to a food processor bowl, add tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust pepper and salt according to your preference.
Transfer the white bean dip into a serving bowl, drizzle more olive oil on the top then sprinkle with smoked paprika.
Serve with veggie sticks, chips, or bread.
What to serve it with
Eat your delicious and creamy bean dip with any of the following
Crudites: I personally love cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, bell pepper sticks, and celery sticks.
Use it as a sandwich spread instead of butter, this is great if you are vegan, vegetarian or you practice plant-based meals once in a while.
Crackers: use any crackers or rice cracker of choice
- Zest the lemon before juicing that way you avoid food waste and you only end up using 1 lemon.
- Add water to the dip when blending to achieve the desired consistency if it is too thick.
- To make this a spicy dip, add cayenne pepper or chili flakes to taste
- Double or triple recipe according to your need. You may have to make them in batches in the food processor if need be.
How to store white bean dip
Fridge: bean dip stores pretty well in the fridge for up to 5 days, I personally prefer 3 days for optimum freshness. Make sure it is stored in an airtight container.
Freezer: portion into small containers for convenience or Ziploc bags and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight to thaw as at when needed.
Watch how to make it
More dip recipes You will love
If you made this easy bean dip (white bean puree) recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
White Bean Dip (Cannellini Bean Dip)
- Food Processor
- 400 g canned cannellini beans drained substitute with butter beans
- 1 ½ Tablespoons tahini this is optional but use it if you have one on hand
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open the can of beans and empty it in a colander then rinse it under running water. Give a give a good shake to drain excess water or leave to drain completely.
- Add the drained cannellini beans to a food processor bowl, add tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust pepper and salt according to your preference.
- Transfer the white bean dip into a serving bowl, drizzle more olive oil on the top then sprinkle with smoked paprika.Serve with veggie sticks, chips or bread.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.