Pumpkin spice milk is a deliciously creamy warm milk recipe that is not only perfect on a cold night but packed with health benefits just like turmeric milk. Learn how to make pumpkin spice milk at home using real ingredients, homemade pumpkin puree, milk of choice, and pumpkin spice. Serve with lemon scones or a brownie.
Pumpkin spice milk recipe
If you are looking for a caffeine-free drink or no coffee pumpkin spice latte then this warm milk recipe is for you. This is a perfect relaxing drink for any night of the week especially on a cold night when you want a relaxing and a better night's sleep.
With its warming flavors and health benefits, this drink is a must-have this season. It's caffeine-free which makes it ideal for kids and adults who can't handle caffeine; plus it can be enjoyed by anyone at any time of day!
Warm milk, pumpkin puree, and earthy spices like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg really take this beverage to the next level. Making your own pumpkin milk at home, you have complete control over what goes into it so if you're not a fan of pumpkin spice blend, you can tone it down or leave them out altogether. The spice blend's tastes are comparable to chai masala powder; you may use it as an alternative.
This recipe can be enjoyed hot or warm and you may serve it cold if that is what you fancy. Let's give Starbucks a run for their money and make this delicious pumpkin spiced milk at home.
Pumpkin milk recipe is easy to make at home with only 4 main ingredients, pumpkin spice, milk, spice blend, and honey. You may also enjoy this warm milk if you are vegan or lactose-intolerant by using plant-based milk or lactose-free milk instead of dairy milk.
I simply adore almond milk as a dairy milk substitute, and it works wonderfully for this recipe.
What are the benefits of drinking warm milk
It's said it would help you get a decent night's sleep, much like turmeric milk.
It is relaxing, decreases anxiety and stress.
According to research, it may help with weight reduction and boost metabolism.
Pumpkin puree is one of the main ingredients of this warm milk and it also has a lot of benefits such as reducing insulin resistance, helping in reducing heart disease risk, promoting brain health and cognitive function, and increasing immunity.
Milk is a healthy drink that has many benefits just as the rest of the ingredients used in making this recipe. It helps keep the bones strong, is good for the heart, and has been known to ward off some bad ailments.
Why you will love this recipe
- It is economical, cheaper than Starbucks pumpkin spice creme. More importantly, healthier, delicious, and easy to make at home
- It is caffeine-free, however, you can turn it into a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Simply add a shot or two of espresso shots or your favorite caffeinated coffee or cold brew to the spiced milk.
- A great way of using leftover pumpkin puree
- It's healthier than store-bought milk because it doesn't contain any preservatives or additives
- Making homemade pumpkin spiced milk means you can easily customize it to taste and it will taste better than anything that comes out of a cafe because you know exactly what went into it.
What you'll need to make pumpkin spice milk
Here is the list of ingredients to making yours at home, this recipe serves 2
Whole milk substitute with plant-based milk such as almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or coconut milk
Pumpkin puree: I used homemade puree but you can substitute with the canned version, please note that this is not the same as pumpkin pie puree
Ground Pumpkin Spice Blend: my homemade spice blend is made with nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice, cinnamon, and ground cloves.
Honey substitute with maple syrup, vanilla sugar syrup, or any sweetener of your choice to taste
Vanilla extract: this is optional as I rarely use it except I am serving this drink to the kids.
How to make pumpkin spice milk (warm milk)
To a small saucepan or a milk pan, add milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice, ground cloves and stir to combine.
Place on a low-medium heat and allow to gently warm for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the ingredients are completely combined and the milk is warm enough to your liking. Add honey and stir to combine, take it off the heat, and serve into a mug immediately with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Note: You're not boiling the milk as you might scald it. Also, the spices would not dissolve into the drink, you can strain it just before you drink if it would be an issue for you.
Tips: To make this delicious beverage more luxurious, froth the milk before serving. Top with whipped cream for a more spectacular result just like pumpkin spice creme you get from Starbucks.
For the cold version: add all the ingredients with some ice in a high-powered blender and blend to combine. Pour into your favorite mug and serve.
How long can I store warmed pumpkin-spiced milk
Allow to fully cool down before storing in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Do not let the milk sit out for more than 2 hours before refrigerating.
- Adjust this recipe to your personal liking by adding sweeteners, creamers, spices until you reach the perfect pumpkin milk for your taste.
- You can use this pumpkin spice milk as the base for many other warm drinks such as Pumpkin Spice Latte, chai tea or hot chocolate.
- Adjust the spice blend according to taste as some of you may not like it as strongly as I do.
- Enjoy your Pumpkin Spiced Milk Ice-cold for an extra refreshing treat!
Watch how to make it
Can I use almond milk for pumpkin-spiced milk
Yes, and it's a great choice for a dairy-free option. Many individuals enjoy the taste of almond milk and find that it is comparable to cow's milk.
Does milk make you sleepy
Research showed that protein-rich foods such as milk help to maintain energy levels and sleep better. That said, I would advise moderation to avoid drinking too much right before bedtime or drinking cold beverages before sleeping as this may affect your sleeping pattern.
How long to heat milk in microwave
To heat milk in the microwave, use a microwavable mug and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. However, the wattage of your microwave would determine how long it will take there to heat up.
More recipes to warm your heart
Frothy coffee recipe (Youtube recipe)
Starbucks brown sugar shaken espresso
If you made this quick and easy warm milk recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on
Pumpkin Spice Milk
- 2 cups whole milk substitute with plant based milk such as almond milk cashew milk, oat milk or coconut milk
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree substitute with the canned version please note that this is not the same as pumpkin pie puree
- 2 Tablespoons honey substitute with maple syrup or any sweetener of your choice to taste
- Vanilla extract: optional
Ground Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or according to taste
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon all spice optional
- pinch of ground cloves optional
- To a small saucepan or a milk pan, add milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice, ground cloves and stir to combine.
- Place on a low-medium heat and allow to gently warm for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the ingredients are completely combined and the milk is warm enough to your liking. Add honey and stir to combine, take it off the heat, and serve into a mug immediately with a sprinkle of cinnamon.Note: Do keep an eye so that the milk doesn't boil over. Also, the spices would not dissolve into the drink, you can strain it just before you drink if it would be an issue for you.
- For the cold version: add all the ingredients with some ice in a high-powered blender and blend to combine. Pour into your favorite mug and serve.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
Leave a Reply