Make the best honey mustard dressing for salad using these 6 simple ingredients. Technically, you only need 4 main ingredients for this delicious homemade versatile salad dressing, honey, olive oil, mustard, and vinegar. But to give it a little extra flavor and punch, some salt and black pepper are also added.
Easy homemade honey mustard dressing recipe
Happy days if you love eating your greens without the guilt of unhealthy salad dressing. This homemade honey mustard dressing is healthy, full of flavor, and easy to make. It’s a great addition to any salad (leafy or not) or as a dip for vegetable sticks.
While this recipe uses mustard as a base, you can't just use any type of mustard you like. To get the best flavor, it’s best to use a Dijon mustard (or wholegrain mustard). it is creamy, smooth, and flavorful and will give the dressing the nice creamy texture it deserves.
If you're looking to make this dressing into a thicker and richer, more succulent dipping sauce, simply add mayonnaise or sour cream until it reaches the desired consistency. Additionally, reduce the amount of vinegar in this recipe or leave it out completely!
Related post: Beetroot and feta cheese salad
Why you will love this recipe
- It is light and delicious and tastes better than storebought
- Easy and quick to make
- You can make a small batch as needed or a big batch and keep it in the fridge to use for up to 3 weeks. It keeps well in the fridge and that is one of the reasons it is my go-to salad dressing.
- Not only does it make a delicious dressing but it can also be used as a dipping sauce, you will get the best of both worlds with this salad dressing. To make this a thicker sauce, you can either add mayonnaise or sour cream to achieve the desired thickness and use your favorite dipping sauce.
- It is well-balanced with a perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors.
What you will need
You will need the following 6 ingredients to make the best honey mustard salad dressing
Dijon Mustard: this is highly recommended for this recipe for the texture, creaminess, and flavor
Honey: this balances the acidity from the vinegar and brings sweetness to the dressing
Olive oil: this is used to thin out the dressing, if you don’t have olive oil you can extra virgin olive oil.
Cider Vinegar: this adds a nice acidity to the dressing and helps cut through the richness of honey and mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to balance the taste of this amazing salad dressing
How to make honey mustard dressing for salads and more
This recipe is as easy as it gets, it literally takes just 5 minutes to make!
In a medium jar with an airtight lid, combine the Dijon mustard and honey, cider vinegar, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place the lid on tightly and give it a good shake it like you mean it until everything is well combined and smooth in texture.
Drizzle or pour over your salad of choice or use it as a dip for vegetables or chips. Enjoy!
How to store
Store the honey mustard dressing in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge for up to three weeks.
This recipe makes about 1 cup and can easily be doubled, tripled, or more. Have fun experimenting with different ingredients and amounts to find your favorite combination! The possibilities are endless.
Simple salad recipes you will love
Honey Mustard Dressing For Salad
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup cider Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium jar with an airtight lid, combine the Dijon mustard and honey, cider vinegar, olive oil, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the lid on tightly and give it a good shake until everything is well combined and smooth in texture.
- Drizzle or pour over your salad of choice or use it as a dip for vegetables or chips. Enjoy!
Store the honey mustard dressing in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to three weeks.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
There you have it, a simple and flavorful salad dressing recipe that you can make at home under 10 minutes. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox