Looking for something new to spice up your weekly dinner table? Get ready to be tantalized by this delicious garlic ginger chicken thighs recipe! This recipe is sure to be the perfect way to break the monotony of your regular meal rotation. It is healthy, packed full of Asian flavor, and the chicken is juicy tender, and filling. I believe it will soon be a family favorite.
Garlic Ginger Chicken Thigh recipe
This garlic ginger chicken thighs recipe is a perfect weeknight meal that doesn't require much effort but delivers great flavor and taste. The combination of fresh ginger, fresh garlic, and soy sauce makes the perfect marinade that infuses the chicken with plenty of robust Asian flavors.
It is so easy to make and only requires a handful of ingredients you may already have in your pantry. If you are looking for a cheap weeknight chicken dinner that won't disappoint then this is it. This recipe is versatile and can be cooked in an air fryer, slow cooker, or even an instant pot. However today, I will be showing you how to bake it in the oven.
The pan juice from this chicken recipe is everything, whatever you choose to serve it with make sure to drizzle some of the pan juice on the overall dish. It is so good! Garlic ginger chicken can be served with your favorite sides like steamed rice, noodles (pasta), salads, or vegetables.
Tools needed for this recipe
- Microplane: this is important, especially for grating ginger and garlic. using this tool will give the right consistency.
- Mixing bowl
- Rimmed baking sheet
What you will need
To make this easy and simple ginger and garlic chicken, you will need the following handful of ingredients.
Bone in chicken thighs
Salt and black pepper
How to make garlic ginger chicken thighs
This recipe is as simple as it gets, to get started, prep the chicken. Remove any unwanted fat from the chicken and excess skin and pat dry with a paper towel.
Preheat the oven to 180C/365F.
To a large mixing bowl, add chicken thighs, onion powder, minced garlic, minced ginger, soy sauce, hot sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine, making sure that the thighs are well coated.
Cover the bowl with a cling film (plastic wrap) and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes for up to 24 hours for optimum flavor.
Arrange the chicken thighs skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flips the chicken thighs so that the skin side faces up and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the skin is crispy or the internal temperature registers 165F/75C.
Sprinkle some sesame seeds(or chopped cilantro or parsley) on the chicken, serve and enjoy!
Can I use chicken breast instead of thighs
Yes, this garlic and ginger marinade works with chicken breast and any other cut of a chicken, from wings and legs to drumsticks or even boneless chicken thighs. The cooking time may vary depending on the cut of meat, so keep an eye out and use a thermometer to check the internal temperature.
That said, I prefer to use chicken thighs (dark meat and it holds up flavor well) because it is juicy and tender and very forgiving if slightly overcooked.
How to serve
This dish is great served with steamed rice or noodles for a complete meal that your family will enjoy! Here are few suggestions
Cauliflower rice for a low carb meal
Watch how to make it
How to store and reheat
Leftover garlic and ginger chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply place it on a microwavable plate and microwave until warm. Alternatively, reheat in the air fryer or oven until warm to your liking.
More chicken thighs recipes you should try next
Garlic Ginger Chicken Thighs
- 2.2 lb bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon garlic finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce I used a combination of dark and light soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or as needed
- ½ Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste adjust the salt to taste if using dark soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180C/365F.
- To a large mixing bowl, add chicken thighs, onion powder, minced garlic, minced ginger, soy sauce, hot sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine, making sure that the thighs are well coated.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film (plastic wrap) and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes for up to 24 hours for optimum flavor.
- Arrange the chicken thighs skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flips the chicken thighs so that the skin side faces up and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the skin is crispy or the internal temperature registers 165F/75C.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds(chopped cilantro or parsley) on the chicken, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
So there you have it, another easy and delicious chicken thigh recipe that the whole family will love. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox