Looking for quick and easy dinner ideas with rice? Today, I am sharing with my collections of 20+ easy rice recipes you can quickly whip up for your family for dinner! There is something for everyone, vegetarian, vegan, one-pot, and many more!
What makes these rice recipes great
- Rice is such a breeze to cook whether you are cooking them on the stove, rice cooker, or instant pot. I consider them a blank canvas that you can adapt to whatever flavors you like.
- One-pot wonder: One-pot meals are all the rage and for good reason, they are simple and easy to make. Making one pot chicken and rice dish or anything is a great example of a hearty meal that will please everyone at the table.
- Get your veggies in easy with these kids-friendly recipes. You can easily add vegetables to rice dishes without compromising on flavor and it is especially great if you are feeding fussy children.
- Rice is very cheap, it is a very affordable store cupboard grain, which makes it a great option for budget-minded cooks. If you cook it right then you will have yourself a delicious dinner like this creamy parmesan orzo.
- You can serve and eat rice any time of the day it makes a great main meal or side dishes. Rice gets the bad rap for being a complex carbohydrate (heavy on starch), but as with everything else in life, it's all about moderation. When consumed in appropriate amounts and proportions, rice can be part of healthy diets that provide complete nutrition.
With all that said, let's get cooking! Here are some of my favorite easy rice recipes you and your family will love for dinner,
Rice and chicken recipes for dinner
Nothing beats a one-pot rice meal with delicious and tender chicken. These recipes are perfect for a busy weeknight, all you need is a few ingredients along with boneless skinless chicken thighs or bone-in chicken thighs. These family-favorite recipes are so easy to make and can be tailored to your liking.
Simple vegetarian rice for dinner
These simple vegetarian rice recipes are perfect for when you want a quick and easy meal, that is healthy and delicious. With plenty of options to choose from, there is something for everyone. The combination of flavors is absolutely amazing and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Basic rice recipe
Learn how to cook rice on the stove and make perfect Instant Pot Rice every time!
Simple sauce for rice recipe
What to eat with white rice?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to what to eat or serve with white rice. Some of my favorite combinations are simple grilled meats or fish, curries, stir-fries, and stews.
Can I make these rice recipes ahead of time
Most of these rice recipes can be made ahead of time. That said, it is important that the rice is stored correctly to avoid food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, make sure it is completely cooled before you transfer it to an airtight container or a freezer bag. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days and make sure your cooked rice doesn't sit more than 2 hours at room temperature.
Can I freeze cooked rice
Yes, you can freeze cooked rice for up to 3 months. However, it is important to note that when reheating frozen rice, you may need to add a bit of liquid (broth, water, milk) to help restore the texture.
When you are ready to eat, let it thaw overnight in the fridge for the best result. Reheat in the microwave or stovetop according to recipe instructions.
Is rice healthy
Yes! Rice can be a healthy part of your diet when eaten in moderation. It is a good source of carbohydrates and can be paired with nutrient-dense vegetables to make a balanced meal.
What is the difference between white rice and brown rice
White rice is a refined grain that has been stripped of its bran and germ, while brown rice is an unrefined grain that contains the bran and germ. Brown rice is higher in fiber, vitamins, and minerals than white rice.
More roundup recipes
Did you try any of these easy rice recipes for dinner? Don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on
Easy Rice Recipes For Dinner
- 1 ½ cups uncooked basmati rice
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Chopped green onions
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, drain in a colander and set aside.
- Place a pan on medium heat, add olive oil and leave until hot. Add chopped garlic and sauté until soft, then add butter and swirl until melted
- Add the washed rice and toast the rice for 2 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Pour vegetable broth or broth into the rice and mix to combine. Add salt to taste and place the lid on the pan and continue to cook on low heat for about 15 minutes. Check the rice for doneness, don’t be in a haste to add water is the rice is dry at this point, taste it and check if it is soft enough for you.
- After 15 minutes, add chopped green onions to the rice, stir to combine and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat (there shouldn’t be any water left in the rice at this point) and leave the rice to stand for at least 5 minutes before serving. Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve as desired.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.