As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
My easy egg salad recipe is about to be the best you would ever make. This is an amazingly simple sandwich recipe the whole family would love. Hard-boiled eggs mixed with mayonnaise, chives and other amazing little companions that turn to great tasting flavour.
You can serve this as a sandwich filling, in fact it is what its best known for or with lettuce or collard green as a delicious healthy light meal.
Easy creamy egg salad recipe
Thanks to my instant pot, no more worrying about how long to boil my eggs for. I now make hard boiled eggs ahead and store them in the fridge for up to a week to use for brunch or lunch for the girls and hubby. The school is back in session in a few days and this egg salad is definitely a perfect sandwich option.
Egg salad is classic and simple and doesn’t need any skillset to make, I like to keep it simple especially so the children can enjoy it.
I love that it is creamy, it is light and a simple lunch one can have without carrying all the guilt worrying about the calorie content. This Egg salad recipe is healthy, packed full of protein and I used light mayonnaise instead of full-fat ones.
This recipe is amazingly easy to put together and would take you about 10 minutes or less, it is that quick. It also keeps well in the fridge too which makes it great for meal prepping for at least 3 days.
Related post: Are you loving the idea of today’s recipe then you should check out my instant pot frittata recipe.
Ingredients for egg salad
Hard boiled eggs
Salt and pepper
Fresh lemon juice
Chives substitute with green onions
Chili flakes for a bit of kick
How to make easy egg salad
Start by boiling the eggs if you haven’t already. You need hard boiled eggs to make the salad. Check out my instant pot hard boiled recipe for how to boil eggs perfectly in 5 minutes, no ice bath needed. Once they are boiled, peel them once they are completely cooled.
Roughly chop the eggs and add to a bowl
Then go on and add the rest of the ingredients, finely chopped onions, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper, mayonnaise and mix to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Serve egg salad on white or brown bread, lettuce or tortilla wrap. Enjoy your best egg salad sandwich ever!
- If using this recipe in a tortilla wrap, you can mix in some shredded chicken, tuna or chickpea to bulk it up.
- Boil the eggs ahead to make the job quicker, unpeeled boiled eggs can stay up to 7 days in the fridge.
- Don’t like fresh onions in your salad, substitute with onion powder or granules or omit it completely.
- Don’t cut the eggs too small so it can have a bit of texture to it.
- Adjust the mayonnaise in the salad as needed.
- Make this egg salad without mayo by substituting the mayonnaise for yogurt, Greek or plain can be used here.
More easy salad recipes
If you made this easy egg salad recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Easy Egg Salad Recipe
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 4 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Cucumber chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped substitute with green onions
- ½ tbsp fresh dill chopped
- Start by boiling the eggs if you haven’t already. You need hard-boiled eggs to make the salad. Check out my instant pot hard boiled recipe for how to boil eggs perfectly in 5 minutes, no ice-bath needed. Once they are boiled, peel them once they are completely cooled.
- Roughly chop the eggs and add to a bowl
- Then go on and add the rest of the ingredients, finely chopped onions, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper, mayonnaise and mix to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve egg salad on white or brown bread, lettuce or tortilla wrap. Enjoy your best egg salad sandwich ever!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!