Refreshing easy cucumber juice recipe! This easy summer drink is made with just 4 ingredients and water and its ready in 5 minutes.
Not only is this cucumber juice great for the hot weather, it is packed full of great nutritional value and perfect for you all year round.
What is in my cucumber juice
in my juice or should I say smoothie as I did not sieve the juice in other to enjoy the full nutritional benefits from the vegetables used and I used a powerful blender too.
I used cucumber, celery, mint, sugar just a little to sweeten, this is optional by the way, lemon, and water.
Let me also share with you some of the benefits of these vegetables and fruit and why you should include this drink in your everyday diet.
Cucumber and its benefits
This is the star of this recipe and the other vegetables used you can swap with other preferred fruits or vegetable.
There are different types of cucumber, depending on which part of the world you live, all of them are good for you but I used English cucumber as that is what is largely available to us in the UK
- Cucumber is much more than the great water content it contains (90% of it is water) and how it can be easily adapted to recipes because of its mild taste. That is why it is a popular salad or smoothie ingredients just as parsley is a great garnish for most dishes.
- It is great for your skin and body generally, help reduces and maintains your sugar level and good for the bones.
- Cucumber contains vitamin A and B, it is also a powerful source of antioxidant.
- It is low in calorie and hydrating because of its high water content which is about 90%.
- It can also be used to aid weight loss.
Celery and its benefits
Just like cucumber, celery contains more water content (95%) but high in fibre, let's just say a stalk of celery a day as part of a healthy diet, keeps the doctor away. Celery is another great source of antioxidant, good for the skin and digestive system.
I talked more about the greatness of this little citrus in my honey and lemon drink post, do check it out.
How to make cucumber juice
This is an amazingly simple and quick recipe that the whole family would enjoy.
Chop the cucumber and celery stalks to chunks that will be manageable for your blender, Juice the lemon and cut few leaves of mint. Add all these to a high-speed blender, add sugar and water and blend until smooth. Pour the juice into a glass add some ice and enjoy.
Tips for making cucumber juice recipe
- You do not need to peel the cucumber if it not waxed. I blend mine whole either way but I make sure I wash my cucumber well before using.
- If you used a high power blender, you may not need to sieve the juice to remove the pulp.
- Other variations of fruits to add to the cucumber include apple, pineapple and pear. Add some ginger for heat
- Swap the sugar for artificial sweetener, honey or leave it out completely. You can also use apple or pineapple to sweeten the juice. Also, swap the water for chilled coconut water if desired.
Tools needed for this recipe
Other healthy drink recipes on the blog you would love
Do you love coffee, then you should definitely check out this cold coffee drink called Dalgona or whipped coffee.
If you made this easy healthy cucumber juice recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Today's post is dedicated to a friend I never met but loved. You touched many lives positively until death snatched you away from us. You are highly missed. Goodbye and goodnight namesake! 💖💖💖
Cucumber Juice Recipe
- Blender or
- 2 whole cucumbers chopped
- 2 stalks of celery trimmed and chopped
- Few mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon or use as desired
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- ½ cup water substitute with coconut water
- Chop the cucumber and celery stalks to chunks that will be manageable for your blender, Juice the lemon and cut few leaves of mint. Add all these to a high-speed blender, add sugar and water and blend until smooth. Pour the juice into a glass add some ice and enjoy.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE RATE IT AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT. USE #THEDINNERBITE OR TAG @THEDINNERBITE ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE YOUR PHOTOS, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. THANK YOU!