Bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe! Boneless skinless chicken breast wrapped in bacon with simple spices, then baked until juicy and tender and caramelized on the outside.
This bacon chicken recipe is simple, easy, and quick. A versatile chicken dish that you can serve with everything, anything. I love to serve it with some salad and roasted potatoes. Dinner doesn't get easier than this, let's get cooking
Juicy chicken breast recipe
Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor, something your whole family would enjoy? this chicken breast and bacon recipe is the way to go. Not only does it take 5 minutes of active prepping, but it also uses a handful of ingredients. This recipe is so easy even a child could make it.
All you need to do is season the chicken, wrap the bacon around it, and bake in the oven. That is it! more importantly, clean-up is super easy with this one.
This recipe is healthy, low carb, and gluten-free.
Chicken breast seasoning
If you are looking to add flavor to the chicken breast without doing too much then you are the best working with what you have. I love using a simple blend combination of smoked paprika, onion granules, garlic granules, salt and pepper, and brown sugar (optional).
However, I did change things up for today's baked chicken breast and used my homemade fajita seasoning instead. Yes, it is perfect with brown sugar as well and it didn't compromise the taste in any way.
More homemade seasoning blends for chicken breast is
Bacon wrapped chicken breast ingredients
Chicken breast: I used boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make bacon wrapped chicken breast
Preheat the oven at 400F/200C
Make the chicken seasoning: to a small mixing bowl add fajita seasoning, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper and mix to combine.
Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen paper towel and sprinkle the chicken seasoning (reserve about ½ Tablespoon for later) all over it on all sides.
Wrap each chicken breast with 2-3 streaky bacon and place it seam side down on a baking dish.
Sprinkle the rest of the season on top of the wrapped chicken and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and chicken cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the oven and leave it to rest 5 minutes before you serve or cut into it. Enjoy!
Tip: the pan juice can be served over the salad or the rest of the food you would be serving the chicken with.
What to serve bacon wrapped chicken breast
Cauliflower rice for a low cab, low-calorie dinner
How to store
Fridge: Leave to cool completely and store in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Freezer: You can store the cooked chicken in the freezer in an airtight container or a ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
To reheat: simply reheat in the oven, air fryer or the microwave until warm to your liking.
- Use similar-sized chicken breast. If the chicken breast is on a big side, cut them into cutlets and adjust the cooking time accordingly. You would know the chicken is done by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken and it should register 165F/73C.
- While it is tempting to use thick-cut bacon for this recipe, I would advise against it. Thin-cut regular bacon is what works perfectly for this recipe.
- The brown sugar is optional but if you are looking for that caramelized flavor then I would totally recommend adding it to this recipe. Alternatively, use maple syrup as I did with my bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts.
- Chicken breast can become dry if overcooked, so be careful not to overcook it and use the correct temperature for your oven.
Watch how to make it
Can I bake chicken breast without the bacon
Yes, you can bake chicken breast without wrapping it in bacon and it will still be juicy. Simply follow the steps in the recipe and omit the bacon.
Do I need to brine the chicken breast?
No, you do not have to brine chicken breast in other to achieve the juicy and tender results.
Why do I have to rest the chicken?
If you cut into the chicken immediately after cooking it, you tend to lose a lot of the juices and it will dry out. By letting the chicken breast rest after cooking, all those juices redistribute back into the bird which results in a tender and flavorful chicken meat.
Is there a substitute for boneless skinless chicken breast?
Yes, you can use bone-in skin-on chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness and size of the chicken.
Can bacon-wrapped chicken be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze cooked bacon-wrapped chicken. Simply place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 2-3 months. When you are ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven, air fryer, or microwave.
More chicken breast recipes
If you made this super easy 4 ingredients boneless chicken breast recipe, don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- baking dish
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 9 Streaky bacon
- 1 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 400F/200C
- To a small mixing bowl, add fajita seasoning, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen paper towel and sprinkle the chicken seasoning (reserve about ½ Tablespoon for later) all over it on all sides.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2-3 streaky bacon and place it seam side down on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the season on top of the wrapped chicken and bake in the oven at 400F/200C for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and chicken cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and leave it to rest 5 minutes before you serve or cut into it. Enjoy!
- Fridge: Leave to cool completely and store in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer: You can store the cooked chicken in the freezer in an airtight container or a ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.