Are you looking for an easy brussels sprouts appetizer or a side dish? These Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts would hand down be the best and easiest brussels sprouts recipe you've ever made.
You can make this crispy and delicious side dish for your family at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even Easter. Bring it to a party and watch them disappear! Did I say you only need 3 ingredients? Yes, you read that right, let me show you how to make it really quick.
Bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts recipe
Do you know you can bacon wrap almost everything, anything? No doubt that it makes everything you pair it with better, bacon is GOOD but bacon wrapped in brussels sprouts is AMAZING!!!
The salty bacon and sweet maple syrup glazing balance the delicate yet hearty flavor of delicious and juicy Brussels sprouts. What is not to love?
Brussels sprouts aren't everyone's cup of tea, but combining it with bacon and maple syrup makes all the love-hate relationship go away.
I love brussels sprouts, and using maple syrup really gives it a beautiful caramelized finish. I am such a fan of bacon-wrapped anything, and I can't wait to share more of my favorites with you.
What makes this recipe great
- It is an easy appetizer/finger food or side dish recipe. You can even make these brussels sprouts for Thanksgiving, I am sure the whole family will love it.
- It is so simple to prepare and only needs 3 ingredients, of course, you can season the brussels sprouts however you want but I am keeping it simple with these 3 ingredients, brussels sprouts, bacon, and maple syrup.
- You may make as many as you desire without any waste
- Have you got an air fryer then this recipe is for you as this recipe can be cooked in the air fryer in 15 minutes at 180C/365F.
- This recipe is gluten-free and keto-friendly.
Tool's you'll need
Here is what you'll need to make this 3 ingredient recipe
Thin cut streaky bacon
Brussels sprouts: choose the ones that are still firm to touch, fresh and not shriveled
Black pepper: this is optional
How to make bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts in easy steps
Preheat the oven at 385F/190C, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Wash the brussels sprouts clean, remove any brown bits or black leaf on the vegetables and pat them dry with a kitchen towel, and trim off the ends of the brussels sprouts.
Place a brussel sprout on one end of the streaky bacon and roll the bacon around the sprout. Press the edges of the bacon to ensure it will stick to itself.
Repeat with every brussels sprouts and set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Brush the maple syrup on the wrapped bacon sprouts and bake them for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked, browned, and crispy.
Remove them from the oven and brush with more of the maple syrup if you desired but this is not necessary
Place bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts on a serving plate or tray, let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer with a dipping sauce of choice.
Watch how to make it
- While thick-cut bacon may be tempting in this recipe, less is more. Thicker bacon will take longer to cook and become crispy, but thin-cut bacon will cook perfectly without overcooking the brussels sprouts.
- Bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts are wonderful when eaten on it's own as an appetizer or a side dish, but even more delicious with any dipping sauce or additional maple syrup.
- Substitute pork bacon for turkey bacon and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- You can substitute the maple syrup for honey or agave nectar.
- Use similar size brussels sprouts so they cook evenly. Cut brussels sprouts into half if it too big
Can I use brown sugar for this recipe
Yes, you can mix some brown sugar with the maple syrup before brushing it over the bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts.
Do I need to parboil the brussels sprouts?
No, there is no need to parboil the brussels sprouts before wrapping in bacon and baking it. Parboiling the vegetable can make it overcooked or even soggy.
Can I add dry herbs to this recipe?
Yes, you can add a teaspoon of your favorite herb or spices to give it a little flavor boost if you desire.
More side dish recipes
If you made these easy bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts, don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- 14 Thin cut streaky bacon
- 14 Brussels sprouts
- ⅓ Cup maple syrup
- black pepper to taste optional
- Preheat the oven at 385F/190C, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Wash the brussels sprouts clean, pat them dry with a kitchen towel, and trim off the ends of the brussels sprouts.
- Place a brussel sprout on one end of the bacon and roll the bacon around the sprout. Press the edges of the bacon to ensure it sticks to itself.
- Repeat with every brussels sprouts and set them on the baking sheet
- Brush the maple syrup on the wrapped bacon sprouts and bake them for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked, browned, and crispy.
- Remove them from the oven and brush with more of the maple syrup and sprinkle with black pepper if you desired.Place bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts on a plate or a serving tray, let it stand for about 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer with a dipping sauce of choice. Enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.