Not only do these air fryer mushrooms and onions look fantastic, but they also smell incredible. Your kitchen will be filled with the irresistible umami flavor that you won't be able to resist! This is a simple, quick, and easy side dish that can be enjoyed any night of the week and is ready in 10 minutes.
Serve it with steak, pizza topping, omelet filling, and many more. Let's make it
Air fryer mushrooms and onions
Forget about sauteeing mushrooms and onions on the stovetop, this air fryer mushrooms and onions recipe is so good and would change your mind for good. The mushroom is tender, and flavourful and the onion is sweet with a delicious bite to it. What is not to love?
The only prep required for this recipe is to clean and slice the mushrooms and onions, in fact, there is no need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe. You are only about 10 minutes away from enjoying one of the best healthy side dishes ever.
This air fryer mushrooms and onions recipe is so good, you might not even want to share. The mushrooms come out nice and crispy, while the onions are caramelized and full of flavor. Serve this dish as a side or an appetizer, and watch it disappear!
Love mushrooms then try this garlic mushroom garlic thighs and mushroom pilaf recipe.
What you will need to make air fryer mushrooms and onions
You will need the following few ingredients to make this recipe
Cremini mushrooms also known as Chestnut Mushroom: you can also use closed cup mushrooms or portobello for this recipe
Onions: I used brown onion for its sweetness, you can use any type of onion you want
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make air fryer mushrooms and onions
Clean the mushrooms: there are two ways you can clean the mushrooms, either use a mushroom brush or wipe the dirt off with a damp kitchen paper towel or give them a quick rinse and then pat dry. I usually go with the first method for better results.
Slice the veg: slice the mushrooms and onions into even pieces so that they cook evenly. Transfer them to a large bowl.
Season: add garlic granules and olive oil to the veg and mix to combine.
Air fry: place the mushrooms and onions in the air fryer and spread them out and air fry at 190C/385F for 10-12 minutes shaking the basket every 3-4 minutes. 1 minute before the end of the cooking time, season it with salt and pepper and continue to air fry until the mushrooms are browned and the onions soft and translucent.
Serve and enjoy!
How to serve
This is a versatile dish that can be served in many ways. Serve it as a side dish to pork steak, sirloin steak, baked chicken, or fish. It also makes a great pizza topping, omelet filling, or salad topping.
- Cut the mushrooms so that they are around ½ inch thick to ensure they don't become too small or mushy while cooking.
- Do not overfill the air fryer basket, this will result in uneven cooking and mushy mess.
- If you want more of a char on your mushrooms and onions, air fry at a higher temperature but keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
How to store
This dish can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Reheat in the air fryer or in the microwave before serving.
Watch how to make it
More mushrooms recipes you should try
Chicken and rice with mushrooms
Air fryer recipes you will love
Frozen chicken thighs in air fryer
How to cook frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer
How to cook frozen chicken drumsticks in air fryer
Air fryer potatoes and sausages
Air Fryer Mushrooms And Onions
- ½ pound Cremini mushrooms sub with closed cup mushrooms or portobello
- 2 small onions i used brown onions
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and slice into half, quarters, or lengthwise into similar sizes then slice the onions too.
- Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a large bowl.
- Add garlic granules and olive oil to the mushrooms and onions and mix to combine.
- Place the seasoned veg in the air fryer basket and spread them out. Air fry at 190C/385F for 10-12 minutes shaking the basket every 3-4 minutes. 1 minute before the end of the cooking time, season it with salt and pepper and continue to air fry until the mushrooms are browned and the onions soft and translucent.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
And there you have it, a simple and delicious air-fried mushrooms and onion recipe that you can make at home in under 15 minutes. As always, if you made this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save it away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes in your inbox
Leave a Reply