These air fryer baby potatoes are packed full of herby flavor and so easy to make. With only a few ingredients and minimal prep, you can have this side dish on your table in no time at all.
It makes a fantastic side dish to any meal or can be served as an appetizer. Best of all, it's healthy and delicious!
Why you will love this air fryer baby potatoes recipe
- Roasted baby potatoes is an easy and quick classic potato side dish, but with an air fryer, you can make them healthier and faster. These potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, with a delicious herb flavor.
- Unlike oven roasted Parmentier potatoes that require peeling and boiling before baking it in the oven, these air fryer baby potatoes are cooked whole from raw because of their sizes. it’s really simple and takes hardly any time at all to prepare.
- There's no need to preheat the air fryer, no extra oil is required in the basket, and cleanup is a breeze. In fact, if you're pressed for time, you might layer the air fryer basket with foil and then season the potatoes in it. There is just one dish to wash; how wonderful is that?
Air fryer: this recipe was made in Cosori 5.5L (1700W) air fryer
Whole mini baby potatoes: substitute with fingerlings potatoes
Garlic granules: substitute with garlic powder
Olive oil: use any other flavorless oil of choice
Salt and black pepper
How to cook baby potatoes in the air fryer
Scrub and wash the potatoes clean under cold running water, drain and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
To a large bowl add the baby potatoes, oregano, thyme, parsley, garlic granules, olive oil, salt, and black pepper and mix to combine.
Add the seasoned baby potatoes to the air fryer and shake the basket so the potatoes are on a single layer.
Air fry the baby potatoes at 200C/400F for 12-15 minutes, until fork tender and crispy on the outside shaking the basket halfway through.
Remove the potatoes from the air fryer basket immediately and serve. Enjoy!
How to season potatoes
You can use any herbs you like or have on hand to season your potatoes. I love using any of the following homemade spice blends to season my potatoes
The amount of spice blend you use will vary depending on how much flavor you want the potatoes to have. I usually use about ½ Tablespoon - 1 Tablespoon of this seasoning to one 1kg (2lb) of potatoes.
Leftover air fryer potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 180C/360F for 3-5 minutes until heated through. Enjoy!
Watch how to make it
How long to air fry baby potatoes ?
The potatoes will take 12-15 minutes to air fry at 200C/400F depending on their sizes. You will need to shake the basket halfway through cooking for even cooking.
Are potatoes good for you
Yes, potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. They also contain antioxidants and are low in calories, especially when cooked with the skin on them as that is where all the good stuff is.
Can I cut the potatoes into halves if I want
Absolutely, feel free t cut the potatoes in half if you want them to be a bit smaller. They will need less time to cook, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Will this recipe work with larger potatoes
Yes, this recipe will work with larger potatoes, ensure to cut the potatoes into similar cube sizes so that they cook evenly.
More air fryer recipes
Did you try this easy air fryer potato recipe? Don’t forget to leave me feedback. Tag me @thedinnerbite on
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes (New Potatoes In Air Fryer)
- 1 lb whole mini baby potatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules: substitute with garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil: use any other flavorless oil of choice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Scrub and wash the new potatoes clean under cold running water, drain and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- To a large bowl add the baby potatoes, oregano, thyme, parsley, garlic granules, olive oil, salt, and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Add the seasoned baby potatoes to the air fryer and shake the basket so the potatoes are on a single layer.
- Air fry the baby potatoes at 200C/400F for 12-15 minutes, until fork tender and crispy on the outside shaking the basket halfway through.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer basket immediately and serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.