Are you wondering what easy dinner recipe you can cook for your family tonight? Well, look no further as I have the best collections of the best quick and easy family dinner recipes for you! These recipes are grown-up and kids-friendly, I am sure you will find something you and your family would love.
With these back-to-school recipes, you can now take the guess on what dinner to make for your family tonight whether you are cooking for 4 or a family of 6. Many of these recipes come together in 30 minutes and are mostly made with staple pantry ingredients.
Quick and easy doesn’t mean bland, and these recipes surely deliver on taste and would leave your family full and happy. Pick out a few to try for the next few nights and you will not be disappointed.
What can I cook for dinner
This is often the question I still get to ask myself despite having over 200 dinner recipes to choose from on the blog. I am sure it is no different for you as well. Sometimes, we just want to be able to have everything in one place without having to scout the internet for answers.
These easy weeknight dinners for family recipes are perfect for a busy night or an easy one, they are kid-friendly and delicious. My family and I often find we are going back to these recipes every weeknight. You are in for a delicious treat as you would never run out of dinner ideas, well at least for the next 30 days.
You can plan weeknight dinner well in advance with ease
What makes a good dinner
These are what to expect from these dinner recipes
- Quick and easy
- cheap easy meals on a budget
- Affordable, these recipes are budget-friendly and would conveniently feed a family of 4-6 with some leftovers.
Quick pasta recipes for dinner
Honestly, who doesn’t like a good pasta dinner? It is always a winner, cheap, budget friendly, but yet doesn’t compromise on flavor.
- Quick spaghetti bolognese
- Creamy Cajun pasta
- Canned Tuna pasta
- Creamy mushroom pasta
- Broccoli pasta with shrimp
- Instant pot chicken pasta
- Best jerk shrimp Rasta pasta
- Creamy red pepper pasta: make this under 30 minutes using store-bought roasted bell pepper
- Creamy beef pasta recipe
Healthy Gnocchi dinner recipes
Gnocchi recipes are easy to whip up, you can make the best comforting meal in no time at all. These would leave your families happy and full-bellied.
- Pan fried gnocchi with spinach
- Gnocchi with Bolognese
- Gnocchi with tomato sauce (gnocchi al pomodoro)
Fish for dinner
Cheap healthy meals for family on a budget
- parmesan crusted salmon
- Baked cod with tomatoes
- Salmon coconut milk curry
- Crispy fish burger
- Creamy Tuscan salmon
- Baked salmon in foil
- Honey garlic salmon
Delicious meat dinner ideas
If you love ground beef or pork then these recipes are for you. The following recipes can be served with a simple plain boiled white rice, mashed potatoes, noodles, and simple everyday salad.
- ground beef stir fry
- instant pot korean ground beef
- simple meatballs and gravy
- instant pot taco meat
- instant pot beef tips and gravy
- Easy oven baked pork chops recipe
- air fryer steak bites
- sausage and baked beans casserole this is one of the family favourites, we love to serve it over air fryer baked potatoes.
- Baked pork steak
Yummy chicken dinner
- bang bang chicken with sauce
- air fryer frozen chicken breast
- garlic butter chicken bites
- healthy crustless chicken pot pie
- one pot chicken and rice
- spinach stuffed chicken breast
- Bacon-wrapped chicken breast
- easy coconut chicken curry
- chicken fajitas
Here you go, 31+ quick and easy family weeknight dinners your family would love,
More roundup recipes
did you make any of these 31 easy family dinner recipes don’t forget to leave me feedback and rate it 5 stars. Tag me @thedinnerbite on Instagram and save away to your Pinterest. Please subscribe to the blog if you haven’t for free new recipes to your inbox
31+ Easy Family Dinner Recipes
- 1½ cups uncooked basmati rice
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped any types of onion would work for this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup green onions to garnish sub with chives, parsley or coriander
- To a small mixing bowl, add smoked paprika, mixed herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper and mix to combine. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear and set aside.
- Add the chicken thighs to a bigger bowl and add the seasoning reserving about a teaspoon for later. Mix until the chicken is well coated.
- Heat up olive oil on medium high heat, carefully add the chicken, skin side down and sear for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the chicken and place on a plate and set aside. (You can blot the oil with kitchen towel if it looks too much at this point as the chicken releases its own oil too)
- Sauté the chopped onions in the hot oil until soft and transluscent, stir in the rinsed rice and toast for about a minute or two making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Pour the chicken stock over the rice, the reserved seasoning and stir to combine. Deglaze the bottom of the pan while stirring by scraping the bottom of the pan. This way the rice doesn’t burn when cooking.Taste and adjust seasoning to taste at this point
- Arrange the chicken thighs over the rice then cover the pot with its lid and cook on low-medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the type of rice you are using. When the rice is done, it would be tender, fluffy and the water would be absorbed too.
- Garnish the rice with chopped green onions, cover and let it stand for another 3 minutes. fluff the rice with a fork, serve and enjoy!
- The top of the chicken might look dry when the dish is ready, this is totally fine and nothing to worry about. simply stir the chicken into the rice without tearing it and voila, you will be left with shiny and presentable looking pieces of chicken.
- If you are using a different type of rice then adjust the liquid ratio and cooking time to suit.
Nutritional data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Under no circumstances will thedinnerbite.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.